Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2021, 05:17 PM   #1

Does anyone recognize this awning roller?

I have a 1997 Fleetwood Discovery. I bought it with no awning and started looking for an awning for it. I have nothing as far as parts. The only thing on my RV is the 2 bottom brackets where the awning once was.

I placed a wanted ad on Craigslist and about 2 weeks ago I got a call from a old guy and he told me he had a brand new 20' awning I could have if I come get it out of his garage. He had bought it for his RV and never used it, wound up selling the RV.

I go se it and sure enough it is brand new , still wrapped in plastic and 20' long. Now I have to see if I can find arms for it and if I can identify the roller. Can any of you tell me if you recognize this roller and the ends on it. Is it Dometic? A&E? Or a brand I have not heard of? Any help would be appreciated, Kinda of on a budget here and can't afford a whole new awning right now.[ATTACH]350687[/ATTACH

Click image for larger version

Name:	awn1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	350688
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	awn.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	350687  
tompands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2021, 05:35 PM   #2

Carefree of Colorado, I believe.
RiverBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:34 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
It looks like the Carefree of Colorado that we have on our King of the Road.
L-M-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 04:47 AM   #4

Every Carefree diagram I look at is different from what I have. I have even emailed Carefree and no response. This roller has to be a popular brand, someone out there has to have the same one.
Old 12-12-2021, 06:18 AM   #5
YC1

Contact Stone Vos company and they can tell you.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:35 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have installed about 100 awnings. Unroll the awning and look on the tube. There will be a label on the tube just at the forward end.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
I have installed about 100 awnings. Unroll the awning and look on the tube. There will be a label on the tube just at the forward end.
It's been identified as a Carefree Fiesta. Ordered arms for it today. Thanks for all your help.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:44 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
There will be a black sliding lever on one arm. That is the forward arm. Place the hole in the sliding lever opening over the white locking tab before joining the arm and awning together. It would be a good idea to tywrap the lock lever down to keep from bumping it and causing the awning to unroll.
Also make sure you install a small screw in each end of the fabric after the awning is installed and rigged correctly. This keeps the awning from shifting in the awning rail
Old 12-16-2021, 08:29 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
There will be a black sliding lever on one arm. That is the forward arm. Place the hole in the sliding lever opening over the white locking tab before joining the arm and awning together. It would be a good idea to tywrap the lock lever down to keep from bumping it and causing the awning to unroll.
Also make sure you install a small screw in each end of the fabric after the awning is installed and rigged correctly. This keeps the awning from shifting in the awning rail
I was not clear about tywraping the lock down. I should have said during installation the lock should be tywraped to keep from accidentally unrolling the awning.
Old 12-16-2021, 02:11 PM   #10

Quote:
I was not clear about tywraping the lock down. I should have said during installation the lock should be tywraped to keep from accidentally unrolling the awning.
Got it and thank you
Old 12-16-2021, 02:18 PM   #11

Got to love AMAZON ! They had this arm set on there, saying it was an open box. They also said the bottom brackets were missing. $275. Bottom brackets are only $10-15 dollars, so I said what the hell and bought them. They came yesterday in a completely sealed new box with the brackets enclosed. Everybody else was $450-600. Now I have to put it on.
Old 12-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #12

You got a great deal.. looks just like the one I have.. on my 2000 storm.. let me know if you cannot use it.. I am sure it's dometic. You just need arms now..
So what I got.. and that looks same as mine.. for what it is worth..
A&E System by Dometic. Sunchaser is model.. no part numbers.. sorry still reading
Good luck and let us know what you did and maybe better members then me will help you
Old 12-16-2021, 02:39 PM   #13

Sorry that took awhile.. no parts # in book..
Good luck and let us know
Old 12-22-2021, 03:39 AM   #14

Awning is completely installed. Watched a lot of video's prior to installing. Had some help sliding the awning into the slot on the RV, then all help had to leave. Finished installing the arms by myself. Wasn't real hard, but did get aggravated several times. it's on there and works perfectly. Had to order and wait for a pull down strap but that's also on there now. So for about $320, I have a nice brand new awning. Only thing I'm concerned about is how the awning seems a bit loose when rolled up and how that is going to react while traveling down the road. It's not real loose but not real tight either.

Tags
awning