Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
We have a 36' coach with 2 slides on the same side and the bathroom is accessible with the slides in. In fact the coach works fine with the slides in. We have shoe horned our coach into some pretty tight places that a 38' might not fit. One considerations is that an independent Front Suspension will (should) allow a much tighter turning radius than a coach with a solid front axle. As far as the the comment "your first coach is a learning tool". I would suggest you extend your education and knowledge to include the product you can find at rv.org. It will cost you a few bucks but is well worth it and will be the best money you spend on your RV. We bought ours used got our first one totaled and then bought another one just like it. We had some remodeling done to upgrade floors, decor, AV, and added solar. Outside of that we were happy with the coach because we did our research. You also want to look at what part of the country you plan to boondock in. Out west there are a lot of wide open spaces that you could park a train on other places not so much. I was looking for something in 35' range due to some length restrictions on some roads. I went with a 36' because it fit all my other parameters. One of which was why buy a new coach that is immediately going to depreciate the moment I drive it off the lot. I bought at the time, an 8 yr old high end coach which has maintained a high resale value and we have been happy with it.
Happy Hunting and Good Luck

PS if I was looking for another coach I'd be all over this one. https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...36--5000880882
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2travel View Post
When we were first looking for a motorhome a wise man gave us some great advice. He said that it should be large enough for six cats so people won't want to visit more than a few minutes.
My wife is allergic to cats. We will have to admire the coach from the outside and talk through the screen door.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:11 AM   #31

Pumper, thanks for your input! We did a lot of researching and narrowed it down to the Tiffin Allegro. We live the floor plan, use of space, quality of craftsmanship, and the style. We are for sure buying a used one! I checked out the Coachmen and it was beautiful too. I didn’t like the bed size alternative it offered if we brought along our teenage daughter and she brought along a friend. Either that brand or Entegra is what we will upgrade to once we’re empty nesters.
Jazzed4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:30 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Buy bigger than you think you need. “Too big” only lasts for about a month. “Too small” lasts forever.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #33

Friends bought the smaller one and now miss not having the 2 baths, smaller fridge, no w/d., tons of extra storage etc. Now they want to up size for the 3rd time while we have had all the extra space we need and still on our 1st one
Old 04-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #34

All this Man talk about size and floor plans is nothing but lip service. The real factor we all need to consider is what dose the DW like? Only then can we Men make the "right" decision. He, He, He.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:18 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Buy bigger than you think you need. “Too big” only lasts for about a month. “Too small” lasts forever.

I could not agree more.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Just to point out a couple differences in addition to the length, the 38 has bunks (I assume the model you reference is the QBA), but it does NOT have a residential refrig.

That was a deal breaker for us, so went with the 33 and love it. Very maneuverable as we prefer woodsy state and local parks.

There's a couple sites we've been in where a 38 would have probably not been able to cut it in with the site access ramps...... but for the most should be able to get in.

A number limit to 35 feet, but I've never seen anyone measure. I've been in a site that had a 30 foot max, but nobody challenged the 33 (being 35' in length). The 38 is almost 40' in length.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzed4Him View Post
Looking to buy our first RV. We were originally looking at the 33 ft Allegro Red and then found a 38 ft Allegro Red with a price that can’t be beat. Does the extra 5 inches really matter? We’re not rvresort people. We’re boondockers who like to tow a Jeep and explore. Will the additional size really restrict us from going places? What about the National Park restrictions? Are those even real?
Our first Rv (diesel pusher) was a 39 footer. Had it for 7 years and put about 70 k miles on it. Never was turned away from a state or national park, even Yellowstone (bridge bay) for 2 weeks boondocking. I agree with others regarding the layout. If it works for you then that extra 5 feet will make a big difference in comfort on long outings.

Good luck!
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:44 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzed4Him View Post
Thanks again everyone! My question was more concerning the access and maneuvaribility to things if we go from a 33 to a 38 footer. I’m happy to see that we can still likely go into national parks. Looking forward to the fun.
I think you will be surprised (((with some practice))) how maneuverable the 38 footer can be.

Something else to consider is drivability. Our 39 footer was on a Freightliner chassis. Vehicle weight was around 33,000 pounds. When an 18 wheeler overtook me on the freeway I'd get blown over a good 2 feet if I wasn't paying attention. Our current bus is 45 feet and weighs around 50,000 pounds. When 18 wheelers overtake me now I don't even notice. Same goes for crosswinds. So my point is the larger coach will (probably) drive nicer. On long hauls in these big behemoths, that can make a huge difference.

Again.. good luck and remember that there's tons of adventures out there waiting for you.
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Props2 View Post
Wow, Where in the coach do you keep the litter box? How do you deal with the litter box smell? Just curious.
That is what I was wondering also, ick.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
Since you indicate you have no experience with the subject at hand, why make the "ick" comment.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post

We had 2 cats in the RV and they eventually passed away due to old age. After going catless for a month, we couldn't stand it and got another cat from a animal shelter. The cat is a lot of fun and keeps us on our toes especially when I go cat fishing using a toy mouse. As far as the litter box, we keep it in a closet with a cat door and clean it twice a day or when we know she just used it, no smells in our 34' FW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170108_105320.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	199221  
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #42
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Exclamation

Let's get back on track on 33ft vs 38ft coach, please.

Thank you,
Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote