Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2020, 03:40 PM   #1

Doing It This Saturday

I finally decided on a Class A to work/travel out of. I am getting a 1995 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. Ford 7.5L It looks clean, with lots of new parts and a good service records. I am so sick of living in overpriced shabby motels that even if there are some bugs to work out I am good with that. The local RV park is close to the hospital I am working at so it seems a win win.
EricM1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2020, 04:42 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like a good move. I'm sure you'll be far ahead and more comfortable.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:54 PM   #3

Seems like a good plan for having cheaper healthier meals as well if your so inclined to put lunches and dinners together. I always feel more at home in my TT then the MH , than I do in motels. I had good home mattresses in both.Hopefully you can enjoy it a lot in your off time as well .If done in freezing weather a bit more care planning and reseach if you want use all water systems.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #4

Since you'll be sitting in a park nearby work—BE SURE—to check, fix/repair any issues if any with the roof. The roof, side seams, gutters and areas around the rood vents, will be one of the most important things to check and keep up regularly in your situation. Keep her water tight and then the rest is relatively easy.

Good luck.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:03 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats and good luck with the new plan.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:44 PM   #6

Congratulations and best of luck!
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:20 PM   #7

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! What a gargantuan waste of time. I drove all the way up there to buy it, and it was an absolutely dreadful, cobbled together piece of garbage. Nothing listed as "working perfectly" worked at all. I am so disgusted at this point. I even reported the listing, but doubt if anything comes of it.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM1963 View Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! What a gargantuan waste of time. I drove all the way up there to buy it, and it was an absolutely dreadful, cobbled together piece of garbage. Nothing listed as "working perfectly" worked at all. I am so disgusted at this point. I even reported the listing, but doubt if anything comes of it.
Ugh...welcome to the world of buying used RV's. Sorry to hear that. Never count your chickens before an inspection.
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete5016 View Post
Ugh...welcome to the world of buying used RV's. Sorry to hear that. Never count your chickens before an inspection.
Your RV came with chickens? Sweet! Seriously though - there will ALWAYS be issues. I had the opportunity to travel to Alabama and back in mine for a week before I purchased it (rode with original owner), and I still am finding issues to tinker with daily. By tinker, I mean stuff like troubleshooting leveling jacks and rebuilding them...

I don't think the perfectly maintained RV up to your standards exists. I am still happy to be working on the issues at home versus on the road.
Striider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:03 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Take this as a learning experience. There is absolutely nothing that is said in a listing that you should accept as true. (Ex. No pets, no children, not full timed, always garaged, etc.... )
Slow down. If you tell us your budget we might be able to help. You get what you pay for. IMO it's not going to be substantially cheaper to buy a MH/RV and pay for a monthly stay than renting an apartment.

Have you actually called the local RV park? What does it cost? Is the electricity metered? Do they ever fill up? I called one of our local RV parks and they have a waiting list for Monthly stays.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:40 AM   #11

Quote:
You have the smarts to back out of the decision (on this unit) instead of digging yourself in deeper!
WantAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:54 PM   #12

Very disappointed in the lack of honesty found with RV dealers. I called on one yesterday. he has 3 prices one to just hand you the keys and off you go. One that was $1000 more on the same coach that he will at least make sure the fridge and the water work. and for $5000 more he will go through it and tell you what repairs it needs, he doesn't do them for that mind you, just tells you what's wrong. So far this kind of banditry seems to be the norm with these a-holes. Are there any reputable used RV dealers out there?
Old 01-30-2020, 05:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
Have you actually called the local RV park? What does it cost? Is the electricity metered? Do they ever fill up? I called one of our local RV parks and they have a waiting list for Monthly stays.
I started talking to them back in October when I first had the idea of buying some kind of RV to live in when I am working. I have actually cruised through the park a couple of times just to check it out. There isn't a whole lot to attract tourists to this little armpit of a town I am in so the odds of it filling up are slim. Maybe in the Summer but not this time of year.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
Take this as a learning experience. There is absolutely nothing that is said in a listing that you should accept as true. (Ex. No pets, no children, not full timed, always garaged, etc.... )
Slow down. If you tell us your budget we might be able to help. You get what you pay for. IMO it's not going to be substantially cheaper to buy a MH/RV and pay for a monthly stay than renting an apartment.

My budget tops out at $15,000. I wanted a Holiday Rambler Vacationer with a slider, and a Ford engine. Can't quite seem to find the right combination. I am looking at other brands now. I am not expecting perfection, but when the ad says "everything works perfectly" and nothing works at all, there is a problem.