Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Doing some Power Tech Gen PM and..

I have a Power Tech PTS8KSI gen set in my 2002 Dutch Star 4097 I am doing all the PM service today, so far I have the Oil & filter, Air & Fuel filter changed. I have drained and flushed the gen set cooling system 3 times and now am going to refill with Fleetgard 50/50
ES compleat OAT coolant (same as in the coach) I have the radiator drained but can't for the life of me find a block drain on the Kubota 1105 diesel motor, HOW DO I DRAIN this block !?! it has to be drained for this 50/50 coolant to be at the proper mixture.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

Jay
Ragtop69GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2018, 07:44 PM   #2

Not sure why I have this in my files as I've never had a Kubota engine but from page 17 of the Owner's Manual for the Kubota D1105, it shows in rather poor images, the both drain cock locations. Might not be too much help but could at least give you an idea of the approximate location of the drain cock at the crankcase side of the motor shown in the first image.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf kubota D1105 service manual p. 17.pdf (372.2 KB, 25 views)
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
Not sure why I have this in my files as I've never had a Kubota engine but from page 17 of the Owner's Manual for the Kubota D1105, it shows in rather poor images, the both drain cock locations. Might not be too much help but could at least give you an idea of the approximate location of the drain cock at the crankcase side of the motor shown in the first image.
Thanks for that but I have the manual and it was no help as the manual does not take the enclosure into consideration.

I called Power Tech and got the info I needed. The drain is on the opposite side of the genset from the door. There was no petcock, just a brass plug, found just below the lower radiator hose. I was able to access the bolck drain by removing the access plate for the fuel filter.
Block is drained and new Fleetgard ES Compleat OAT coolant installed.

Also changed the air drier filter
Ragtop69GS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power