Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2021, 06:48 PM   #1

Doing the Electric Slide...

We just returned home to SWFL from a short trip to Northern IL, Chain of Lakes. While there we had an issue with the 30 amp hookups. The issue was the power supply, not our coach. We are 50 amp and had to convert to a 30 amp connector (no biggie). I keep a connector on hand, but something happened to it within the first hour it was hooked up. It appeared to be frying inside itself (surging).

We were able to use a 30 amp extension line to another power panel, but I had to run to Wal-ly World for a new 30 amp connector. We finished the trip and everything was fine.

In true un-cool fashion (like an idiot), I left the new connector in the coach during the trip home. It was sitting on the back counter and somehow during the trip it slid into the slide wall. When we got home I tried opening the slide and that's when it happened...It racked up the slide parts knocking it out of alignment and damaging multiple parts. It bent the steel guide and once out of alignment the chain wedged in a metal bracket popping off retention rings and maybe bending some chain links.

I am trying to identify the part names and get an idea how hard it will be to repair. Any help is appreciated. I will try to post some pics showing the good side and damaged side.

Cable/Chain
Chain Link Retention Clips
Metal Retention Guide
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCD55AF2-0532-4B10-9F94-2DC1B12FD5FB_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	346039   Click image for larger version

Name:	A850074A-8FD6-454A-817B-394718233B08_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	346040  

Click image for larger version

Name:	75EDD0C7-11D3-4409-B2E0-83CDF8231C59_1_201_a.jpg
Size:	383.8 KB
ID:	346042   Click image for larger version

Name:	5FCBD4F8-84F3-424C-916D-0FE11494408F_1_201_a.jpg
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	346044  

edoogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2021, 08:42 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to Jim 75
slide repair

edoogma, I had major problems (mtr. broke all four bolts out of the gear box). I called Newmar, they could not get to the repair for months.. They said " we send a lot of our overflow to a local repair shop, we highly recommend them. Their name is "Custom RV repair". they are in Elkharts East side. Phone number is 574-333-3518. Give them a call I`m sure they can help!! Oh, prices are a lot lower than Newmar or others. Good Luck..

Jim 75
Jim 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:51 AM   #3

You are not an idiot... you simply succumbed to the fallacy that things at rest will remain at rest...

Physics, in an RV or TT, is different than the rest of the Universe. We've all learned that lesson.
  • Things fall down on one trip and fall up on other trips.
  • Warranty coverage from RV manufacturers, suppliers and service providers use a different chronology than Earth.
  • Extended warranties do not cover your problem.
  • Your need for sleep after a long day driving when arriving at a campsite is inversely related to the quiet and solitude advertised in the brochure.
  • Your new site-neighbor (who has been there for two weeks) has a dog with a more active digestive system than the neighbor has plastic bags.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:04 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've NEVER done that.....
Old 10-14-2021, 02:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
You are not an idiot... you simply succumbed to the fallacy that things at rest will remain at rest...

Physics, in an RV or TT, is different than the rest of the Universe. We've all learned that lesson.
  • Things fall down on one trip and fall up on other trips.
  • Warranty coverage from RV manufacturers, suppliers and service providers use a different chronology than Earth.
  • Extended warranties do not cover your problem.
  • Your need for sleep after a long day driving when arriving at a campsite is inversely related to the quiet and solitude advertised in the brochure.
  • Your new site-neighbor (who has been there for two weeks) has a dog with a more active digestive system than the neighbor has plastic bags.
LOL...Thanks for the humor and truth!
Old 10-14-2021, 02:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 75 View Post
edoogma, I had major problems (mtr. broke all four bolts out of the gear box). I called Newmar, they could not get to the repair for months.. They said " we send a lot of our overflow to a local repair shop, we highly recommend them. Their name is "Custom RV repair". they are in Elkharts East side. Phone number is 574-333-3518. Give them a call I`m sure they can help!! Oh, prices are a lot lower than Newmar or others. Good Luck..

Jim 75
Thanks Jim...I will reach out to them.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
I've NEVER done that.....
Thanks for making me feel better...NOT! LOL

Tags
electric, slide