Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #15

It's a 2006 a workhorse engine , my first motorhome what do everyone think
jjray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjray View Post
It's a 2006 a workhorse engine , my first motorhome what do everyone think
The question is not about it's being a Dolphin, but the current condition and pricing. The usual pre-purchase questions:

* Are there good maintenance records? Better to have complete records.
* Have you had an independent RV service guy inspect it? Drive train and appliances, etc.
* Have you checked over the web for prices of the same MH? PPL has the most RV's for sale in one place (Houston). Do a search for PPL.
* Is there any kind of warranty?
* Are you a handy man/fix-it kind of guy? Will cost more to have others work on it when needed.
* Have you driven this one or another like it before? Will take some getting used to.
* Do you know anyone with a MH (or any RV) that can give you advice or go with you to inspect it? Can be very helpful in the little details.

These are a few that come to mind. After you have owned one and experienced it, you will have your own questions next time. If you like the floor plan and it checks out ok and the pricing is right, you are all set.

National made good MHs so I would not let that stop me if this is the one you want.

John
zzjea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #17

I have never driven a motorhome, Price is comparable to other prices of the same model , is it at camping world in Springfield Missouri , I have look at it last week and they're supposed to take it in go through everything and be ready for this Saturday I had a fifth will before but not a class A ,on the warranty they were as is but then I refuse to purchase it so they got with the consignee they're giving me a three-year warranty, purchase a Carfax on it and the only thing I felt wrong was the missing mileage. I called and told them I wanted all the maintenance records thanks for all the helpful information I just don't want to go wrong
Old 11-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #18

Quote:
I have never driven a motorhome, Price is comparable to other prices of the same model , is it at camping world in Springfield Missouri , I have look at it last week and they're supposed to take it in go through everything and be ready for this Saturday I had a fifth will before but not a class A ,on the warranty they were as is but then I refuse to purchase it so they got with the consignee they're giving me a three-year warranty, purchase a Carfax on it and the only thing I felt wrong was the missing mileage. I called and told them I wanted all the maintenance records thanks for all the helpful information I just don't want to go wrong
FWIW, I would NEVER buy a used MH without driving it first. Hopefully CW will do everything you expect (I have my doubts), but you should VERIFY that the Bosch Brake Recall has been completed BEFORE giving them final payment. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
FWIW, I would NEVER buy a used MH without driving it first. Hopefully CW will do everything you expect (I have my doubts), but you should VERIFY that the Bosch Brake Recall has been completed BEFORE giving them final payment. Ed

We rode in it as the salesman drove it heard no noise from the engine very quite inside , I will drive it before I buy
Old 11-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check the tire date codes. When I bought my '06 Itasca last year (also on consignment), I had the dealer replace all six tires ('05 date code with only 17,000 miles on them) with new Michelin XRV tires as part of the deal.

Also check the instrument cluster. It may have made by Actia and the lower center digital display is know for failing, but can be repaired.

Fran
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #21

Thanks everyone for giving me all the great advice picked up my 06 dolphin last night from Springfield camping world , I spent about four hours checking it out the bumper-to-bumper The tires were dated 12 but I got a three-year warranty on The deal
Old 11-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Thanks everyone for giving me all the great advice picked up my 06 dolphin last night from Springfield camping world , I spent about four hours checking it out the bumper-to-bumper The tires were dated 12 but I got a three-year warranty on The deal
Glad you are happy with it. You know that you owe us pictures now.....

John
zzjea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Just traded for our 2006 Dolphin last month. Love it so far Hope you enjoy yours
jnwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Love mine! I know you'll love yours too!
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations - wonderful you are so happy!
Travel safe and have too fun!

Tags
dolphin