Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2019, 05:02 PM   #1

Dometic exterior freezer

Those of you that own a motorhome with an exterior Dometic freezer I would like to know how much you use it and if it is worth the investment seeing how all the new motorhomes come with such a large refrigerator and freezer. Be looking to buy new possibly some time this year. Your advice would be much appreciated.
mrusasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Once you have one, you probably would never be without! Use mine all the time especially in warm weather, keeps me from going in the RV constantly for a cold beverage! Also as a freezer ,it’s nice to load up on frozen items if you full-time ...
Old 01-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1700.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	559.7 KB
ID:	231558

We added an Edgestar brand five years ago and love it..... we cook many larger meals and freeze many for our trips.....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav-cle View Post
Once you have one, you probably would never be without! Use mine all the time especially in warm weather, keeps me from going in the RV constantly for a cold beverage! Also as a freezer ,it’s nice to load up on frozen items if you full-time ...
Have has one for the the last 7 mts - we use it every time we go out and does not matter how long we go. For short trips as a REF and for longer trips as a Freezer. Do not think i could talk the DW out of not having one now.
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:05 AM   #5

Ditto on the Edgestar. Ours has been plugged in since the day it arrived and it has been great. We even take it home in the summer (coach lives at my shop) and use it. We use as a freezer and like to stock up on meats etc. when on sale. One of the best things we have for our coach I think.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #6

When we head for our AZ home from WI in Oct, we fill it with frozen meat. My son always buys 4-H animals at the county fair and gives the meat to his employees. I'm not an employee, but we get all the beef and pork we can use at no charge, so the Dometic gets filled with prime cuts. After the trip it gets used as a refrig to keep drinks cold. We wouldn't want to be without it.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I consider mine "Priceless" for beverage's.........no in and out all day long!
Old 01-12-2019, 09:36 PM   #8

I guess i need to learn how to use mine. I thought it was just a freezer which i would never use. Was considering removing it for added storage.

Didn’t realize it can serve as a fridge too.

Tags
dometic