Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2019, 02:58 PM   #1

Dometic toilet red light tank empty

My dometic toilet red light is on black tank is empty. I imagine the sensor is blocked causing this issue. I own a 2016 newmar ventana 4316 I have read there is a black box near the toilet with a yellow wire I can cut that will disable the red light. Does anyone know where I can locate this black box? Thank you in advance
nathan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2019, 05:31 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Before you cut wires have you tried treatment and flushes? I have a 17 Ventana that I got lazy when I was on full hook ups and didn't treat or flush for about 4 dumps. My yellow light stayed on when the tank was empty. I flushed the tanks 3 times and then filled it to 2/3 with fresh water and dropped a treatment pack in. I let it sit for 24hrs and dumped with 3 more flushes and its back to normal. I never skip treatments anymore.
Humozeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:18 PM   #3

I believe you can still flush the toilet by holding the flush button for 10 seconds or so. Check your manual. It is tied into your tank full sensor. Does the sensor read empty when empty? If not then I'd try cleaning tank as previous poster suggested.

Tags
dometic, light, tank, toilet