Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #57

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Almost forgot as this is one thing I really wanted to forget, but..........
The one thing I really didn't want in my motorhome was the 300lbs. of cat hair accumulated by the original owner. Still trying to get it all out. Unbeleivable what some people will let their $300,000.00 motorhome turn into. It's under the dash, in the vents and ducts, all over the curtains, under the furniture (I don't even want to tell you what else I found under the couch).......................ABSOLUTE PIGS/SLOBS if you asked me.
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #58

I don't want carpet. I found no pet hair, but I found gobs of just plain dirt. Pummy dust from Idaho and Oregon no doubt that fine stuff that gets everywhere even between the interior walls and the metal. I just put on a dust mask and used the air compressor blew the stuff away.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #59

Wouldn't mind getting this off my [ moderator edit ]back end. This was courtesy of PO and not quite to my taste!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4098948930.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	36957  
Old 04-15-2013, 04:30 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wouldn't mind getting rid of my hard mattress, so when I get up in the morning I can walk in the upright position. Will get a sleep number. Love everything else.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #61

Call me an RV Mutant.
What I aint got, I dont need.
What I aint got:

Heat pumps, TPMS, 4 slides (only 2), Electric basement door locks, Keyless entry, ScanGuage (et al), Residential refer, Solar panels, LED lights, Satellite dish, Clear coat, Diamond Shield, Bra, Toad guard, Full width Mud flap, Spare tire, Engine performance chip, Motion sensor lights, Window awnings, Mini-fridge - Freezer, Washer/dryer, Ice maker, Dishwasher, Extra bath, Extend-a-stay, Outdoor recliners, Exhaust brake, Bike rack, A BIRD? (no clue), Rope lights, 2 way radio, Extended Warranty.

We live a free-form lifestyle, driven by a moto:

The Journey is Our Destination
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Didn't like the king bed. Too big for us and no night table on DW,s side. Took it out and had a cabinet shop make a table to match the other side. Now she has room to get in and out of bed much easier and bedside table for her stuff. Easy conversion. Best thing we've done to the coach. Other than that nothing I can think of to get rid of. Maybe more stuff to add. Love our coach.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Call me an RV Mutant.
What I aint got, I dont need.
What I aint got:

Heat pumps, TPMS, 4 slides (only 2), Electric basement door locks, Keyless entry, ScanGuage (et al), Residential refer, Solar panels, LED lights, Satellite dish, Clear coat, Diamond Shield, Bra, Toad guard, Full width Mud flap, Spare tire, Engine performance chip, Motion sensor lights, Window awnings, Mini-fridge - Freezer, Washer/dryer, Ice maker, Dishwasher, Extra bath, Extend-a-stay, Outdoor recliners, Exhaust brake, Bike rack, A BIRD? (no clue), Rope lights, 2 way radio, Extended Warranty.

We live a free-form lifestyle, driven by a moto:

The Journey is Our Destination
Bless you CampDaven, I am reading though these folks complaining about stuff on their mobile mansions and just shaking my head. I suppose it is different when one actually lives in their RV for months on end. But whoa! I sure surprises me.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
The two things that bug me the most about my coach is the POS 3M protective coating on the front cap and a bed that is always in the way and only used for 8 hours or less during the night. I wished that the bedroom had a Murphy Bed whereby the room could be used as a office or den during the day.

But it is what it is and I still LOVE the 2002 Monaco Windsor which is a hell of a coach for the money.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #65
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
I am reading though these folks complaining about stuff on their mobile mansions and just shaking my head. I suppose it is different when one actually lives in their RV for months on end. But whoa! I sure surprises me.
I think this is where a lot of misunderstanding takes place. It IS different when one lives full time in their coach. They're not just out for a camping weekend with the kids and they want to have all the comforts of "home" while living on the road.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #66

Gulf Streamers Club
to have or not to have

Love this scenic cruiser 01.In her day she had what people wanted;but now needs a few changes.J couch who ever thought that was a good idea never spent much time watchin tv off it.Weve added 3 cam system;easy job for the views needed pullin long trailers.Added 4 solar panels to roof.Put extra lights on sides for turn signals.Gettin ready to dump that 1200lrm refer for whirlpool 23cuft w/sep/pure sine inverter.Need to pull out exst.frt.sofa bed and add a fold n tumble bed w/air matt.Then pull carpet and add heated tile floors.After livin 4 years in it on road these things make travel a little better.Happy days ahead TO all.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #67
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimesy View Post
Washer/dryer, traded for an outside refer. Dish washer, ruins paper plates replaced it with a wine cellar. Sleep number bed replaced it with an inner spring matt. Large wardrobe closet, means more DWs clothes to pack.

What I want is a healthy wife so we can travel again. The most important of all!

Don G.
What I want is a healthy wife so we can travel again. The most important of all!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #68

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelb View Post
I second the carpet. Maybe in the bedroom it's ok but having it in the entrance is just silly. And we don't use the dish but I can see it being useful for a lot of people. We pretty much never used the oven from our old coach so I don't mind having the convection micro instead of the oven in our new one.

For us, the W/D is a must have and I'd like to have a dishwasher (just not sure I'm willing to lose the cabinet space).
I've seen where some folks have removed their oven and installed a dishwasher in its place. No lost cabinet space.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rear Bedroom radio...I never use it and half the time it comes on by itself when the rig is in storage.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #70
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzfan View Post
Rear Bedroom radio...I never use it and half the time it comes on by itself when the rig is in storage.
X1000 !!!

You forgot to mention the light it puts out... even when "off". Right next to DW's pillow. Ours has a push button type on/off switch so any bump with a pillow, etc in the middle of the night and whamo! We've got music (or static) blasting. Waking up from a dead sleep to the sound of loud static can really test one's ability to reason quickly

It's funny now, but truthfully Winnie did some pretty weak engineering in this example.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote