Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the windows are not locked you may be able to open one from outside.

That is very simular to my lock (Works same way) as I said, the problem is the dang bolt breaks, the highest stress point is also the weakest point on the bolt.

I was able to depress the striker bolt using an L-Shaped seal-pic and open the door.. Then I took the thing apart.

A machinest can carve a replacement bolt out of steel that won't break as easily (or at all) Even brass would be better than what Tri-Mark uses.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I know this has happened to others. Hopefully someone will have a solution. Can you post a photo of your lock ?
I finally found a post by offthewall in 1/28/2011 with the same lock and problem were you posted for him to post the drill hole measurements. Looks like a plan is finally coming together.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Good deal. Hope it all works out.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #18

Had this happen a couple of years ago. DW was on the inside tho, she opened window and let me in. The lock is not save able . They said just drill it out, so I did. Ordered a new one from try mark.
Newellri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had a problem with the door handle. I do not use the lock on the handle I use the deadbolt lock always. I went to open the door after I unlocked the deadbolt lock and I could pull on the handle and nothing happened. The handle pulled out ok but did not activate the bolt to release the door. I called tiffin and they actually told me which window to take out and how to do it easily without breaking anything. One of them on my coach is put in a bit differently. I started to do that and was checking the windows on my coach and luckily I had forgotten to lock the drivers window when I was talking to the guard at the campground. I opened it and crawled inside and opened the door. I took the lock apart and the lever that activates it had some wear in it and had actually went over the stop. I put it back in place and bent it down a bit so that it could not do that. I am pretty sure the problem came from me locking the dead bolt then trying to open the door to make sure it was locked. I am still using that door handle a year later. Either way if it is the same problem I had you wont be able to open that door from the outside but it is an easy fix once you get the door opened
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
If the windows are not locked you may be able to open one from outside.
Best bet!!

We ALWAYS leave our windows unlocked . . . just in case . . . .
Old 10-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tha Rooster

How are you coming along with your door issue? Very curious as to the fix, and if there is any preventative steps so it doesn't happen.
Thanks
Mjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #22

All I can say is happy happy happy I'm in. The choices I had was break a window,remove a vent off of roof and get a bean pole to go through, drill lock,or drill hole in window frame with out hitting glass and able to hit lock which is what I did took 5 minutes and I was in with just a hole the size of a paper clip in the frame. Know as for the lock it open from the inside with no problem,once the door was open the outside handle work so I greased the !!!! Out of it and it work great.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #23
Community Administrator

Alls well that ends well.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjay View Post
Tha Rooster

How are you coming along with your door issue? Very curious as to the fix, and if there is any preventative steps so it doesn't happen.
Thanks
I would say if you need to break in your MH I'm you man. As for preventative steps grease the door lock one of those forgotten things till it breaks.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Went to check MH unlocked door and handle does nothing you can hear it unlock. Any suggestions how to get in short of busting out a window. 2007 revolution.
After getting locked out once and being lucky that a window was unlocked, I always keep
One window unlocked .
Ggrvusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #26

[QUOTE="Ggrvusa;1777076"] After getting locked out once and being lucky that a window was unlocked, I always keep One window unlocked .[/QUOTE

Btw, mine is an '07 Revolution too.
Ggrvusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door