Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2017, 05:22 PM   #1

double pane windows foggy

We are looking at a 2007 35' Class A Bounder. At this point we are very interested, except the dirty windows appear to be dirty inside the panes. My rv guy said that is not uncommon for those year models, and he doesn't replace them but sends them to a glass shop. All the windows are like this, and I am of course coming to "the well" to see if this if sounds real, just can't believe "all" of the windows went bad, they may be "dirty" so still investigating. Thanks for all help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2017, 05:33 PM   #2

Take a close look at the windows inside and out to see if it's dirt. Most likely the RV guy is right. RV windows take a lot of bouncing around and the seals can break. They heat up during the day then cool at night sucking in moist air. It's pretty common.

Personally I think the dark tint in the windows contributes a lot to the problem. The dark tint causes the windows to get really hot in the sun. That both dries out the seal and stresses them.

If the seals are gone on all the windows it's not going to be cheap to have them all fixed, unless you do it yourself. If not fixed they will only get worse to the point that the glass, if not already, will become permanently etched. At that point to fix them will require new glass not just replacing the seals.

I know others will chime in about drilling holes through the seals and flushing between the panes with vinegar to clean them. Not sure if that's a long term fix or not.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:47 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, this is a common issue in motor homes with dual pane windows. I've had mine repaired and a few years later they fog up again.
RV Glass Solutions specializes in permanently replacing foggy dual pane glass with laminated glass.
Lifetime Laminated RV Side Window Repair and Replacement | RV Glass Solutions
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:59 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
As far as negotiations go on the coach, figure on $300 are more, depending on size, to repair. If the etching is to extreme, all the glass must be replaced. The problem is the seals fail. That era coach had Atwood or Si Gi windows, Si Gi windows seem to be the worse. My last two coaches, had windows that failed. If you search this site there are many post on this subject. I used RV Glass Solutions on my first rig, an Dave Roots on my current one.
LEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:31 PM   #5

in addition to RV Glass Soultions you should also check out:

RV Fog Doctor
Dave Root RV Glass Repair
Suncoast Designers

we had 7-windows on our 2000 class A done by Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL. great work, very good price.

good luck.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:38 PM   #6

double pane windows foggy

As always you guys have a lot of depth and quality, that is why I check here, thank you, I will use all the input as we move forward.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:50 PM   #7

Our 06 Traditions has the same problem, I drilled holes in a few as there was nothing to loose and I see no change,would like more info on how the vinegar water was done, I had not seen that posted before , I'm going to look seriously at laminated single pane ,if affordable I can do the swap we intend to keep our coach several years,I'm just getting things my way and use to it !!!
It's amazing how you finally find that 10 year old garage kept one owner coach in your price range and your thrilled and then the RV Devil send you all kinds of wallet crunchers to suck the fun out.
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:13 PM   #8

I have had all my windows redone by Dave Root in Bend, Oregon
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:03 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Auto Glass Boss did my big driver side window for $120, they charge $90 for smaller windows. I wouldn't consider DIY for that L shaped big window but if yours are smaller I would.

Their communications could use improvement but the work was good.

For DIY this outfit has the supplies. https://www.dkhardware.com/automotiv..._price_price=-

Some suggest single pane but they sweat and don't isolate noise as much.

Tags
window