RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2016, 12:05 AM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I guess some of you missed the point. Yes, you have to be outside to pull the handle and then wait for the system to dump and then clean your hoses and then store them, certainly sounds like an enjoyable part of the trip! Mine is done by the time I walk outside, the SaniCon hose is left attached and just capped on the end, no flushing.

I guess things that are electrically operated are scary for some people. For those who are afraid....do you buy your cars with manual windows? Do yo disconnect your electric steps for fear of electrical issues?

I find it funny when someone who has never tried a product has an opinion about how its of no value.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2016, 11:29 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlAda View Post
Good write-up and video here. Yes, David is a bit corny, but the info is good.
Your CC should have it, mine does. Don't really think its necessary though.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Your CC should have it, mine does. Don't really think its necessary though.
It did, but after 2 failures, it was replaced with a manual valve. The DrainMaster system is a much better system than was installed in our coaches, from what I understand. In any case, I don't have a problem doing it manually. Because of our electric macerating toilet and the washer/dryer, I typically leave the gray line open. I'll close it the day before departure to allow the tank to fill for final dump of black and gray tanks.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:23 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post

I find it funny when someone who has never tried a product has an opinion about how its of no value.

We sure see that a lot on the forums
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 10:03 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Considered that some time ago... But was talked out of it.. And as it happens I now "Fully understand" why.

Imagine I had installed that, put the switches in my half bath (Easy to do direct access to the wet bay via existing openings and very easy to route wires) and one day this last summer I noticed tanks full and hit the switch.. Well that was the day the dang elbow on the dump line choose to break and drop the hose off the extension and the entire 36 Gallons dumped on the ground, plus 36 more of Gray.

Or.. I went outside, Pulled the handle, lost about a gallon before I closed it and replaced the elbow.

BIG mess v/s a much smaller one.

Or the hose comes out of the hole in the ground (has happened at dump stations, never on a site) or a hose breaks (have noticed on occasion BEFORE dumping) or .. well.. I like to be where I can see the hose and fittings when i dump...

So the cost/benefit. ratio just is not there. all cost, no benefit.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:57 AM   #20
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Yeah, mine got hit by a meteor once and spilled everywhere!!!!!!

If you worry about every POSSIBLE disaster, camping would be much fun!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, tank