Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2016, 07:20 PM   #1

Drain Master for Class A's. Dump tanks with a press of a button!

What do you guys think of the DrainMaster product where you can dump gray and/or black tank by pressing a button? If your unaware of it here's the link;

Home | Drain Master
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2016, 07:36 PM   #2

Cool I have a friend with a older Vogue that has that feature probably standard equipment back then. I'm guessing it is also still found on bus conversions. I only know one person that had a Prevo and he has it also. Frankly if it had been offered on the DSDP I might have got it. Just think of the fun you could have. Matthews Band bus driver pleads guilty to dumping waste in river - Chicago Tribune
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The original system in my dads Newell bit the dust. I installed the Drain Master on it. He loves it. Works better than his original system.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Dad, what's that button for? Donnnn't push it!!! Ah man!!
What ever works for folks but I feel safer knowing things are working right when I am standing right there. Also can run the black tank rinse when there. That's just me though.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Hey Dad, what's that button for? Donnnn't push it!!! Ah man!!
What ever works for folks but I feel safer knowing things are working right when I am standing right there. Also can run the black tank rinse when there. That's just me though.
His original system was able to dump from inside. I mounted the Drain Master buttons in his utility bay.
But, yes, you could make a nice mess if they are mounted remotely inside.

I'm sticking to my Sanicon system.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I put it on my 2014 Dutch Star. The Dutch Star only has a 40 gallon black tank, which normally would be fine, but with two macerating toilets, a lot of water is used for flushing.

I bought the Drainmaster with the optional second switch. I also have a SaniCon macerator attached to the black tank with an additional switch inside. I can dump both of my tanks from inside the coach. Initially, I bought it so that I could dump late at night if the black tank got full, without going outside. The added benefit was on the days we break camp, I can dump my tanks while putting things away inside.

I bring in my slides, fire up the coach and walk out and disconnect my hoses and power cord while the coach is airing up. No more messing with dumping.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Good write-up and video here. Yes, David is a bit corny, but the info is good.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:40 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I dunno! Another piece of electric to corrode, make bad connection, or bad switch, compared to a handle-pull right at location. Think I'll stick with the simple pull method.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.warden View Post
I dunno! Another piece of electric to corrode, make bad connection, or bad switch, compared to a handle-pull right at location. Think I'll stick with the simple pull method.
This was/is kind-a my thoughts as well. I mean, you have to pull up, get out, hook up all the hoses, get ready, and pull a handle. From what I see, the only real difference is pushing a button, when you're in the same vicinity of the pull handle. I mean, if it works for you, great, enjoy it. I don't mean to cut a product down as, it appears that it or, similar products have been around for a while and people must have liked them.

Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:23 AM   #10

As a geezer, my short-term memory is not what it was. Sooner or later, I would press the button a few nanoseconds before the "light bulb" went on reminding me that I had failed to connect the hose. A literal "Oh sh__ " moment.

Scatological references aside, the convenience is nice, but the price for failure is not something I would be willing to pay. Once would be enough. Just me, though. I hope it works out for you.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 05:25 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Ive been using the ones camping world sells for about 3 years now. They work great. (and soooo worth it!)

I mounted the switches inside the coach on the inside of the bathroom vanity door. The LED's let me know when the valve is open or closed.
scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:30 PM   #12

Drainmaster

If you have cable operated drain valves your failure is waiting to occur. Either open or closed you have to fix it in short order. If you have that situation the drain master valves will greatly lessen the chance of failure. If they fail or you lose power you can manually operate the valves as long as you can gain access to the valve with an Allen wrench. Dave
shepfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:08 PM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to 8TiresRollin
Just something else to go wrong. Don't want that malfunctioning when one is in deep $hit. Also we have to be outside when the sewer hose is connected so why not pull a manual valve.
8TiresRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:00 PM   #14

I can definitely see the benefits if you are a full timer and or spend extended times in one location. Beyond that NO. Just one more gadget to fail that does not add benefit.
imob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, tank