Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #1

Driver Shade

2008 Forest River 360QS Driver’s side Carefree motorized sun shade will not go up or down. Took unit down and tested wiring with voltmeter. Does not appear to be getting any voltage from switch. Common fuse with passenger side that works fine. Could it be the switch? Can I safely swap these switches to see if it is a switch problem? Any idea where replacement switches can be found?
Dave Rive is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #2

Check the voltage from the input side of the switch to ground. If there is no voltage, the problem is in the supply to the switch. Then, if there is voltage at the input side, use your meter to measure the voltage at the output side (to ground). If no voltage at either position of the switch, it's the switch.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:42 AM   #3

Swapped switches. Driver side switch is ok . Tested shade with 12v while down. It goes up and down. Looks like wiring between switch and shade. Not sure how to trace this back.
Dave Rive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dave! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I can't advise you on that! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:25 AM   #5

Can't help you with the switch but...

Do yourself and us a favor by putting your MH and Toad information into your signature
This will really help in all your future posts, so you won't have to type it in each time.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on. You’ll be limited to 3 lines unless you become a IRV2 supporter.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:56 AM   #6

I guess I'm confused a bit. Is the switch up on the shade? Your explanation of the switch being ok and that it had to be between the switch and shade seems to lead me to they are separated.
Is there a plug that can be removed at the shade - I'm guessing there is if you ere able to apply 12V to the shade.
Pics would help us.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver