Originally Posted by billdreamlv
This is from page 1-3 of the Washington Commercial Drivers Guide
The law exempts four groups of drivers from the CDL:
• Farmers transporting farm equipment, supplies, or products to or from a farm in a farm vehicle are exempted if the vehicle is:
– Operated by a farmer or a farm employee.
– Not used in the operation of a common or contract motor carrier.
– Used within 150 miles of the farm (in an air-mile radius).
Products include Christmas trees or wood products transported by vehicles weighing no more than forty thousand pounds licensed gross vehicle weight. The weight restriction applies only to Christmas trees and wood products.
– Farmers may operate vehicles that meet the de nition of a farm- exempt vehicle between the states of Idaho and Oregon if they meet all requirements of the farm exemption.
• Fire ghters and law enforcement personnel operating emergency equipment are exempted if they carry the certi cation card proving they have completed the Emergency Vehicle Accident Prevention (EVAP) or Emergency Vehicle Incident Prevention (EVIP) Programs.
• Recreational Vehicle (RV) operators are exempted when driving an RV for non-commercial purposes. This group includes:
– Two-axle rental trucks.
– Horse trailers.
• Military commercial drivers are exempted only when they are operating the proper military vehicles under a military license issued by their branch of service.
Notice RV drivers are exempt from obtaining a CDL
Mr D types faster than I do