Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #29

I agree with the Sewer Solutions advice absolutely great product. But after a couple of years of full timing i have learned to "test" my system first by opening the grey valve first, for just a moment. If i have made a mistake or if something is broken it it's much cleaner to fix!
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #30

Jim,
Try a little spray silicone on the gasket inside the connections of your sewer hoses. It will make them work smoothly and protect/prolong the life of the gasket.

Blaster 11 oz. Silicone Spray Lube Lubricate-16-SL - The Home Depot
AKJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
I agree with the Sewer Solutions advice absolutely great product. But after a couple of years of full timing i have learned to "test" my system first by opening the grey valve first, for just a moment. If i have made a mistake or if something is broken it it's much cleaner to fix!
Been on the road many years now. We leave the grey open when parked. I had a hose split once while dumping. I don't think the grey water test would have found that early on. But that is still a great idea.

I am going to try to get to Grainger while I am in striking distance of them. They have a good selection of gaskets. I hope to find one that works and recommend it to Thetford. There idea is copied from the another snap clip hose design as used in irrigation applications. They came up short with the gaskets.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Been on the road many years now. We leave the grey open when parked. I had a hose split once while dumping. I don't think the grey water test would have found that early on. But that is still a great idea.

I am going to try to get to Grainger while I am in striking distance of them. They have a good selection of gaskets. I hope to find one that works and recommend it to Thetford. There idea is copied from the another snap clip hose design as used in irrigation applications. They came up short with the gaskets.
I agree on the coming up short on gaskets - and while the idea may work in other applications - I think it's over engineered for an RV sewer application. I also was unable to find an extension other the 15'. Just came into a situation where 15 wad not enough and 30 was too much...

Will see how the rhino holds up with the 15' and now using one 5 foot extension and have another 5 footer of needed. Saw a 10' rhino flex the other day but didn't get it. May go back for it and just toss the Thetford. Big $ drain....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I like the idea of a few shots out of the gray tank First, it always seem's to get filled first.
Thanks, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #34

I never unhook. I installed a swivel PVC holding pipe that my hose rests in. Just pull up to the dump, swivel it out as needed for the right reach, pull out the hose and dump. Slide it back in and screw the cap back on. Works great. Mounted on my travel supreme right in front of the duels.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Woodard View Post
What an incredible and fine family we have! Thanks for all of the comments regarding, what I now know to be, the "bayonet" connector on the Rhino and Dominator dump hoses.

RusselG in Vancouver: At a park, I can go very short, but need 30' at home, so I'm always connecting and disconnecting.

Mike and Char in Orange C., CA: Yes, they are the best connection available. (Lived in Wherry Housing when Dad was stationed at El Toro.)

Crasher in Benson, AZ: Wow! I wondered why I had so many caps laying around.

gemini5362: Macerator...$$$...someday.

JFXG in Middleborough, MA: Thanks for the compliment. Would love to meet Lincoln someday.

noserider: back at ya.

Dr4Film: I fell out of the discussion before your lucid response on using large filter wrenches, but was going to look into it before I read you. We have a cosmic connection.

I looked at the ratings on the Thetford SmartDrain clip connectors. They were horrible comments regarding unacceptable leakage. I gosh darn near spent over $100 for a set and an extension, and glad I didn't.

Wait! Now I'm feeling rich. Macerator here I come!

Jim and Kristie Woodard
Fort Myers, FL
Great reply! .
PPAinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:32 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_BUS View Post
I never unhook. I installed a swivel PVC holding pipe that my hose rests in. Just pull up to the dump, swivel it out as needed for the right reach, pull out the hose and dump. Slide it back in and screw the cap back on. Works great. Mounted on my travel supreme right in front of the duels.
Please. Post a picture. I just can't figure out what you are doing.

But, hooking up is not the problem I am talking of. The hose gasket is worthless for the design of the coupling. I am guessing that the coupling is designed to avoid patten infringements.

Rick Y