Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #29

Thanks
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Gosh Dave, that seems like an awful lot of work for a guy who's post is "for the lazy" .

Nice mod, well done.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #31

Starmaster, got an upgrade for you:

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/pr...o-evac-system/
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:17 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Bill,

Re: new SeeLevel system

Dang, if I’d only seen that before the valve upgrade. And to think, I’m in the in the process of replacing the existing tank monitors with the Tech-Edge system.

Actually, prior to this currrent round of mods, I did see that on their website and thought some things are too many gadgets for even me! That panel combined with a brain fart equals multiple opportunities for things to go south

I noticed they tell you to contact them for pricing. That means its either way too expensive, or more likely its not even available yet.

Dave
Starmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #33
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Dave, I did the same thing on my coach, but not as exotic. For those who feel they need the exercise, it's not about exercise, but the breaking of your back, trying to get under a low slide over the wet bay.

The Newmar Ventana and Dutch Star motor homes come with only 45 gallon black tanks. That sounds like a decent size, but both the OP's coach and mine have a half bath. Neither of the toilets are located over the blank tank, thus they both have to be macerator toilets. They use quite a bit more water than a standard toilet, when they're in normal mode. My blank tank fills in two days under normal use. The electric drain valves were really just for convenience since the tank needs to be drained often. On the Newmar motor homes, with macerator toilets, the black tank has a sending unit that will shut the toilets off when the tank is full, this can be inconvenient late at night.

On my coach, I added a SaniCon, something I had on my last coach for 10 years. I ordered the electric drain valve that replaces the OEM valve. It can be ordered with a second switch, which I did. I ran the second switch for the drain and a second switch for the SaniCon to my 1/2 bath. When I connect my SaniCon hose to the campsite drain, I open the grey tank valve and the grey water passes through a bypass on the SaniCon. Since I use the SaniCon, I didn't need the second electric valve for the gray tank.

Here's what's really nice and was unexpected. On days that we're breaking camp, I can dump both tanks from inside the coach. While we're putting things away, securing doors and closing slides, my tanks are draining automatically. Once done, I turn off the SaniCon and close the black tank valve from inside the coach.

I fire up the coach and while it's airing up, I walk outside (with no slide to bend under) disconnect the SaniCon hose and stuff it into the wet bay, no flush needed. I power in my cord and water hose and I'm done.

To me, camping is about making the setup and tear down experience easy and fast. Otherwise, it becomes a chore.

Lastly, I applaud the OP for his electrical work with the relays and FOB, something I'm not good at.

Side Note: For those with Newmar products that have the macerator toilets. Many know they are adjustable at the wall switch, but they also have a back box, about the size of a deck of cards, that has additional water adjustments in it. Newmar hides this box somewhere near the toilet. On the half bath models it's near the pegboard wall. You can also turn off the red light, that stops toilet use, via this box. My half bath has the red light turned off and I know I can flush about five more times in an emergency before the tank is really full.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #34
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Dave.....Just to keep you busy, here is another project for your Ventana. Notice the hood struts.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Dave.....Just to keep you busy, here is another project for your Ventana. Notice the hood struts.
Don, I had seen your “hood” mod in one of your previous posts, sure beats the broomstick! It’s something on the list. But, we’re getting ready for heading to AZ and the DW say I need to start thinking about packing rather than “improving” things. . What length and what lift capability struts did you use?

On another note, our 2015 Ventana 4037 has the half bath directly above the black tank. Newmar put a gravity toilet in there and a macerator in the full bath in the rear. I would think with a little forethought, any half bath could be close enough to mid-ship to be within gravity dump distance of the black tank. When boondocking, the rear toilet is rarely used, definitely extends our stay several days.

Dave
Old 12-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Human error or product failure ?

Basically human failure due to poor product engineering.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:37 PM   #37
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
My half bath is right there by the tank, but for some reason they decided on a macerator toilet. I wish I had the gravity toilet there too.

Here is the info on the struts.....http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/dutc...ml#post2131967

Are you heading to Quartzsite?
Old 12-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Headed to Tucson for a couple weeks after Christmas, then Quartzite RV show for a week, maybe Yuma for a while then Winter Blast in Lake Havasu, finally Sedona.

You doing Quartzite?

Dave
Old 12-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #39
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, we'll be there Saturday thru Thursday for the RV show. We always stay at the Holiday Palms RV park across the freeway from the RV show.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:27 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
We plan to show up a few days before show starts and stay ‘til Tuesday. Not sure where we’ll be yet, but boondocking someplace. I’ll PM you when you’re there, maybe we can meet and say Hi.

Dave

Tags
valve