Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2020, 09:39 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Early 2000s model shopping

I am looking for a manufacturer/model chart. I'd like to know the ranking of each manufacturer's models. I have been looking up original MSRP from NADA to get some idea, but I can't really do that at a dealer or consignment lot. I am not asking for opinions or personal rank. For instance, I see one manufacturer has models inside of models! Like Princess, Queen... It is tough because I don't know how the model ranking for Newmar, for example, is from top to mid range. Worse, a lot of ads say manufacturer and model name, but not model number or engine size.
There has to be a better way, right??
Onrecess is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Anderson View Post
I am looking for a manufacturer/model chart. I'd like to know the ranking of each manufacturer's models. I have been looking up original MSRP from NADA to get some idea, but I can't really do that at a dealer or consignment lot. I am not asking for opinions or personal rank. For instance, I see one manufacturer has models inside of models! Like Princess, Queen... It is tough because I don't know how the model ranking for Newmar, for example, is from top to mid range. Worse, a lot of ads say manufacturer and model name, but not model number or engine size.

Good luck. I don't no there's any comprehensive reference out there. If you can find the brochure for the line you want, they stay fairly consistent year to year... Like Allegro Bus or Newmar Dutch Star.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:27 AM   #3

Newmar

King Aire
Essex
Mountain Aire
Dutch Star
Kountry Star
Ventana - side radiator I believe

King Aire is at the top and so on. I have been looking at used Newmar's and I believe this is correct. I am new to RVing so someone can correct me if I am wrong. I assume a Dutch Aire is between a Mountaine Aire and a Dutch Star but I am not for sure. I would like to have the same information you are looking for also. Pardon me if I am wrong, I am very good at it! Chuck
chuck28f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #4

Think you’re over thinking it. Find one you like that in good condition and go for it. Buying something that’s 15 or so years old, quality will be reflected in the condition.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:12 PM   #5

Tom,
The higher tier coaches in that era would have side radiator and full solid wood cabinets. I am not sure about all brands.

Monaco run down with side radiators in the early 2000 range from what I know.

Signature
Executive
Dynasty
Windsor

Some of the others are fine too.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:04 PM   #6

I am actually truly amazed someone hasn’t put together a list like this, at least for the top 10 - 15 Class A manufacturers.

I know it would certainly need to be in a spreadsheet for how large it would be. But it would certainly be a very cool reference document.

I guess what it really boils down to no matter how much research you do if you aren’t happy with the layout and livability you likely aren’t going to purchase it no matter how many boxes it ticks on other features you want.

Unless you are the type of person willing to sacrifice the perfect layout in exchange for so many other features which make it a phenomenal unit anyway then most of us all end back up with floor plan, engine, and brand as key points.

But I get where you are at for sure. It is extremely confusing especially if you are just starting trying to figure out brand line.

I may look into what it would take to put something like this together. It would likely take months and months to do. I am guessing I would likely still need to extensively reference the NADA guide for model and options. I definitely would limit it through certain years.
dsnedeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Monaco:
Signature
Executive
Dynasty
Camelot
Diplomat
Knight
Cayman
Lapama
Monarch
Old 09-18-2020, 01:39 PM   #8

I was wrong as usual.

Ventana: Has rear radiator insead of side radiator on shorter lenghts. Sorry
Old 09-18-2020, 05:49 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, that helps. And I am overthinking it, that's my wheelhouse.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #10

I hope over thinking it is not a bad thing!!!
Old 09-18-2020, 07:31 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
zi would suggest that you randomly look at floorplans that you like. Then start looking for a coach you want. Class A Diesel pusher will be a heavier most offer better built Early 2000 engines did not have the upgrade on emissions control. Due to that CAT dropped out of the MH industry and Cummins had problems in the mid 2000. Gas models need a real good look and remember that a gas job with 100K will be about the end of service we re the diesel will just be getting broken in at 80,000. So as you go along find something that fits your fancy post here and you will get an education.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

You can use a smart phone while at the dealer lot and check basics like MSRP (try NADA.com), competitive prices (rvtrader.com, pplmotorhomes. com, etc), and look up sales brochures on many models (winnebago/itasca, fleetwood, newmar).
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
That's what I've been doing.
I'd like to know, before I go look, what are comparable by manuf, like what is like a monaco Diplomat in other brands, that kind of thing.
I went and looked at a Monaco unit yesterday. Wow. I thought the first cabinet I looked at was stuck. It was just heavy, solid wood about 3/4 thick! What a beautiful coach. I almost bought an Itasca a couple of weeks ago, but now I'm in trouble, the Monaco was nicer than my house... And the budget creeps up some more.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Anderson View Post
Make your own list by desired Manufacturers. Go to online NADA and use the original suggested retail price for each model/yr and sort the list for each manufacturer.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote