Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #29

I too have the EEZtire system. Right now I have a love hate scenario with it. When it works it's great. But both sensors on my right rear have failed on me. We just got back from a trip to Mesa, AZ from the Seattle area over the holidays. When we left the inner sensor refused to work. I thumped the tire as I didn't have a gauge handy and it sounded fine. 2 days later I got a high pressure alarm on my Right outer that had a sensor that only occasionally worked. I pulled in at the next rest stop and the inner dual was flat. We ended up replacing two tires that I put on the front putting the old fronts on the right rear. Now the right rear sensors don't work at all. I'm hoping it is just the batteries on the sensors, but will be ordering new sensors to replace the two that are not working correctly. Since this is a used MH I don't know how old the system is.

I love the system when it works. I'm just not 100% confident in it right now.
gljjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #30

So once again my inner rear passenger tire loss air pressure 90 - 75 in a month. Since I had replaced the inner tube value I knew it was not that. I took off the EZZ Tire sensor and the tire went flat. This meant that it was the value extension. I took off the extension and replaced the value and now it appears to be all fixed now. Boy what a trip. But I blew no tires and had no body damage so all is good. Thanks EZZ Tire
Old 01-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #31

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Does the EEZtire system need an extender for longer coaches? Toads?
Old 01-13-2018, 05:18 PM   #32

Most (except for TireSafeGuard) suggest repeaters (extenders) for use in coaches or with trailers.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #33

EEz TPS

My son bought me a system for my coach and I love it. One of the best gifts I've received. It gives both of us a little more piece of mind. I've had a right front blow out at 70mph going over an I- 10 bridge. This was on a Renegade race hauler towing a double decker race trailer. No warning, just a loud bang, a departed fender, lights and running board. Got her stopped without going over the embankment, just barely.
Tires were brand new, less than 3k miles. No TPMS.
I am very aware of my tires and the TPMS helps.
Needed some tech help, called the company 3x's and spoke to the same gentleman (I think he is there main tech, or possibly the only tech guy).
Extremely helpful and courteous every time.
Great product, great company.
Piper23t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Does the EEZtire system need an extender for longer coaches? Toads?
I think it is recommended.
I have a 43' MH with tag and pull a 17' tandem axle enclosed trailer. When I ordered my EEZ TPMS, they had a special that included a free extender.
I thought I would try the system first, without the extender. So far, the EEZ TPMS works perfect for the MH & trailer without the extender.

So, If you are going to order (and if the free extender offer is not available), I would recommend that you first try without the extender.... you can always add it, if you discover that you need it.
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:21 PM   #35

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:13 PM   #36

Do any of you with the system use anti-seize on the tire valve stems to prevent road salt / water that cause the sensors to seize (if different metals on the sensor and valve stems)?

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #37

Nope I just use the caps.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslam View Post
Nope I just use the caps.
I think I will use some, just watched a EEZRVProducts video and Tom (Tech Support Representative for them) uses anti-seize "it's just a good practice to use a little bit of anti-seize compound".

Watch around 6:40 mins:
https://youtu.be/2swRcd1cGeE

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #39

Definitely use a dab of antisieze
drwaynesmith is offline   Reply With Quote