Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #1

Electric Pressure Washer

Are any of you carrying a pressure washer in your MH? If so. What brand? How long is your hose? Is it mounted? Likes, dislikes??
Snap-On Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2017, 12:09 PM   #2

Snap-On-Man-

Here's a link to an iRV2 thread for a "Dutch Star Don" pressure washer project.

Here's a link to a Google search of iRV2 posts with the term "pressure washer" in them.

Happy reading!
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:04 PM   #3

My son is having a Newell built for him and is having a pressure washer installed. It looks like they are mounting it in the front left lower compartment. They are running a water line from the wet bay to it with a quick drain as the line will not be insulated. All of the water goes through a softener. Should work nice to clean the windshield each morning before departing. It's a nice idea and one I hadn't thought about, but will have to install one now that he will have one. Bet mine will cost less than his.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
YC1

Mark nailed it. I have one that is not permanently mounted from HF. I removed the handle and ran a hose from the water bay to the small compartment it lives in.

I also found a spray handle/attachment that does not use the long wand. It is great for cleaning in tight places such as when greasing things.

An additional length of hose makes it very easy to use.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:25 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm in the process of installing my pressure washer mod complete with a CR Spotless de-ionizer system. I plan on showcasing my work in a thread upon it's conclusion.

I chose a simple compact unit at Walmart from Power Stroke. It is a 1700 psi at about 1.7 gal per minute flow. It cost $150.00 (plus tax). I have two 25ft lengths of pressure hose so I can get all the way around the 43ft coach. If I don't need so much at a given time, I'll just hook up one length.

Having fun so far doing the mod.

Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:43 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
JMHO, but I've read and heard about too many RVs that have water driven into places it should not be by pressure washers. I don't use them.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:03 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
This is true, you do have to be careful if you use one.

Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #8

I bought a cheap POS from Lowes. I going to get a better one that I can carry with me, great for getting the bugs off the front.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #9

Thanks Guys for your input. I'm just rounding up things to have for my future motorhome. Right now I can purchase items at wholesale prices but once I retire it will be retail. Buy now and save a lot.
Snap-On Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:48 PM   #10

I bought one while driving through Oregon. It is called Black Cat and it has about a twenty five foot hose that snaps into the washer, then tighten the compression nut. You attach a water hose from a faucet and you are set to wash the coach, engine including CAC and radiator. It is about 24 inches in length and about twelve inches wide. I do not carry it on my coach, but if a person wants to, it can be done easily.

I never have had any problems with electrical connections and water using the pressure washer to wash the diesel engine. I even start the engine while washing the CAC and radiator so that the pressure of the fan will push the Simple Green through the fins and at the same time the engine heats up and drys up.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote