RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #1

electric slideouts

Does anybody know how or why a full body slide out on a 2007 pace arrow 36D would not slide in? The gear motors operate, transmission is in tact, but the rear one will not move inward from extended position without extreme difficulty. The cam ramp seems to bind movement. Are there any adjustment systems that can be accessed?
D Gokel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 PM   #2

Well sir, from your wording, I guess when you say "rear one will not move inward" that means, between the 2 motors that operate the slide the back motor, or the one closest to the rear of the coach is not bringing the slide in equally with the front motor, therefore the slide is binding going in. Is that right?

I would not go jacking around any with adjustments just yet. Let's address a few basics first.

A couple of things I'd check right off the bat:
You may not be getting enough power to both motors....so to start with
1) Make sure your batteries are fully charged
2) ALWAYS have your engine running before you try to bring the slides in or out
3) If you're plugged into shore power, stay plugged in until moving slides is complete
4) Check your weight on the slide itself. In other words, before you try to move the slide, make sure the slide isn't overloaded with stuff, people, etc.
5) You may have to crawl under the coach and manually crank in that rear motor some to get both rails equal again first. See your manual
6) Make sure the floor is clean and no obstructions. Once this is done—while the slide is still out—take some baby powder and sprinkle it all along the front of the slide on the floor about 4" - 6" out from the edge of the slide. Do this a couple of three times as you go on trips. Over time, the baby powder will get dragged under where the slides make contact with the floor and make that area real slick creating less friction which will be easier on the motors.

Hopefully some of these things will cure your situation. You may also have to re-sync your slide motors now that they've gotten out of whack. Your manual will describe the procedure for your slide system.

Please follow up and update us on how you finally solved this issue for our future reference.

BTW...do yourself and us a favor by putting your MH and Toad information into your signature
This will really help in all your future posts, so you won't have to type it in each time.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on. You’ll be limited to 3 lines unless you become a IRV2 supporter.
Consider signing up and becoming a IRV2 supporter. It’s a small way to give back to what we all reap here.

Good luck my friend.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:26 AM   #3
Cat

If it is like my 2007 Bounder Diesel and I think it is. The motors have a built in brake at the top of the motor. There is a rubber coated arm that sticks out the side of the motor/brake. This arm is to allow you to release the brakes to hand crank the room in a emergency-- but the rubber they used to cover the arm was not designed to be outside in the weather. Brilliant right !!! Anyway the rubber breaks down allows water in the brake and now it doesn't release correctly and binds up causing the motor to drag or not move at all. It's not to bad to take the brake apart and clean it up- remove the rust. Just pay attention to the part location and orientation. One other thing 4-5 years ago I needed to buy the rubber boot for this brake. Fleetwood didn't sell them they called Power Gear and they wouldn't sell them. I called Power Gear they were very sorry but the didn't sell the boot I would have buy a new motor and gear box, but I'm also sorry to say the motors have been updated and have to be replaced as a set, So they would stay in sync What! The Bounder with the full wall slide had 3 so to get a $ 5.00 boot I would have to spend $1500.00.
I used a freezer bag and electrical ties- zip ties over the arm and motor. I figured when the bag started looking worn I would replace it with another. The plastic freezer bag lasted longer then the rubber boot that came on the motor.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:41 AM   #4
Cat

Here's a picture of the boot and motor.
Good luck!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (6).png
Views:	33
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	183652  
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:25 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WHo made the slide out.. POWER GEAR Rack and Pinion.
Hydraulic
Swintek (Has a "rack" on the side of the slide

On Power Gear there is a 1/4 Inch Shear Pin. This is actuallyu a bolt. Grade 8 With a Nylock nut, the nut is kind of special and the bolt is custom made but you can use "off the shelf" bolts.. and nuts.

Make sure the SMOOTH portion of the bolt shank is long enough to go ALL THE WAY through the square shaft. then washer it up so the nut can properly tighten it down.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:20 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I can't help with the problem! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, slide, slideout