Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2022, 06:37 PM   #1

Electric toilet

2003 Monaco Signature with an electric domestic toilet. My question is the bowl won’t hold water, should I replace the entire toilet and bypass the electric one all together or is the repair easy enough?
Charlie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2022, 06:51 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just replace the seal at the bottom. Should be able to do from the top.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Do you know the make/model of your toilet.

I have an electric, it is a Thetford Aria, looks like this
https://youngfartsrvparts.com/pages/...430-parts-list
I've replace my seal, not hard
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:42 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
2003 Signature likely came with a Sealand Dometic 3010 Magnum Opus.

Seals are available from https://marinesan.com. There are two types of seals for different sub models of these toilets. Call them to confirm you order the correct one.

I took ours apart and cleaned everything, applied plumbers grease on the seal and the flapper, and it held water for 2-3 years even with the old seals. I am due to do it again, but will probably install the new seals I have had since then.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:06 AM   #5

I detest electric toilets on land or sea. They always seem to break at the worst times and so noisy but that is just an unsolicited opinion.
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:14 AM   #6
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't have an electric toilet but mine didn't hold water so I purched all the seals and spent $65.00 on it and it still did not hold water. I found a new one cost $150.00, so i got a new one so I am sorry I didn't do that in the first place.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:00 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceclimber View Post
I detest electric toilets on land or sea. They always seem to break at the worst times and so noisy but that is just an unsolicited opinion.
I disagree. Sealand built great marine products that are much better quality than most RV toilets. They were so good Dometic bought them out.

We previously had plastic foot pedal toilets that I had to replace seals and parts on at least once per year.

Our Sealand porcelain toilet is still going strong after 18 years. It even has adjustable water levels depending on whether you are in a park or boondocking.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:53 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
I disagree. Sealand built great marine products that are much better quality than most RV toilets. They were so good Dometic bought them out.

We previously had plastic foot pedal toilets that I had to replace seals and parts on at least once per year.

Our Sealand porcelain toilet is still going strong after 18 years. It even has adjustable water levels depending on whether you are in a park or boondocking.
I agree Vito. It’s a very good toilet. We’ve had no problems and it’s 15 years old now. I too like the water level options and the ability to keep open the ball valve for cleaning. I’ve used this lube and conditioner to keep it working well.
Thetford RV Toilet Seal Lube and Conditioner - Toilet Seal Lubricant - 24 oz 36663 https://a.co/d/dN0Bnp3
Old 12-03-2022, 12:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post

We agree to disagree. I must have bad luck with several manu's but I have always removed electric or plastic heads and replaced with porcelain manual units and have a flawless flushing record. Plus now with added RV bidet I am in tall cotton. Although I might upgrade to a heated one, that cold water can really start your day lol.
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, toilet