RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #1

Electrical cord

I have a 1994 Holiday Rambler Endeaver 30. In the water drainage compartment there is an electrical cord that I don't know what it is for. Anyone know?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20180507_061724.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	201872  
Bob Waggoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2018, 09:44 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

The photo doesn't show the ends. Is it attached? What type of plug does it have on the end? It looks big enough to be a 30 amp or 50 amp shore cord or extension for your shore cord if it's not attached. The normal RV cords use these plugs for the different sizes.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:48 AM   #3

my first assumption would be that it's for a wet bay electric heater that might be needed in freezing temps, with an additional extension cord used to bring the power thru the floor plate, from a separate 15/20a GFCI plug at the RV park's power box.

I do the same. It keeps the high draw from effecting what's going on inside the coach since it's drawing from a different power outlet than the RV...and running a cord from the inside of the RV to the wet bay might be too tricky.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:54 AM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
My guess is it's for heating element that's wrapped around the water and/or drain, or maybe even fresh water tank to keep from freezing.... don't look like factory installed, perhaps added by PO....
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #5

Looks like you were left a gift in the forum of a power cord extension. A heater or heat strip would not need 6ga wire.
Keep us all posted as to what the outcome is please?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will go with heat as well. . I have heaters in my wet bay.. around 30 of them, most are 9 watts (C-9 Christmas Tree lights) plus 1 100 watt Rough service lamp

But they make a peal and stick film that takes 120 vac and makes heat as well.. Just more expensive.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #7

Thanks everyone, I think my question has been answered.
Bob Waggoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical