Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2020, 04:27 PM   #99

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDave View Post
We are at post 91, problem was found and solved at post 63. People should read the whole thread before they suggest things already tried!

Lots to LEARN by reading the entire thread, 'specially the solution.
Tom & Kay +KAISER--Miniature Schnauzer// TIFFIN 2021 OPEN ROAD 34 PA LIQUID SPRINGS Ft & Rear Tireminder A1A / SAFE T PLUS, 2002 Jeep Wrangler/-2013 Bounder Classic 34M SOLD, 1985 Mobile Traveler M-260RDB/ 1993 SOUTHWIND 30E/ 2009 COUGAR 29RKS 5ver
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2020, 04:27 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Fleetwood/REV IS involved. It was the corporate warranty supervisor who authorized me to obtain service from an independent mobile RV tech and REV would reimburse me for that. I have no problem at all with the way REV has handled this so far. It's a man-made object; there WILL be failures. I don't judge a company by its failures as much as I judge them by their responses. Considering how far I am from my selling dealer (1300 miles) and the pandemic situation, I have no complaints. It will get replaced, but as long as it functions properly until then, I'm good.

I have read through this and all I can say is I wish you well in your new coach. With your attitude I believe you will do fantastic. God bless you on your journey. It is always a good feeling knowing how many people jump on to help the one having issues, what ever the problem. Great bunch to belong to.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:31 PM   #101

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
We are traveling to Michigan from Florida. Everything has been fine until we left the gas station an hour ago. I noticed my cameras weren't working. Pulled off the highway, restarted the engine and nothing. Ok, no big deal. Them, down the road, noticed most of the rocker switches on the dash were dead as well. No mirrors, no window fans, nothing. It started to sprinkle so I hit the wipers. No wipers. Big problem. Pulled over and tried to investigate. What I found was: generator will not start, everything 12v appears to be dead, inverter is ON and working. Slides don't work, bed lift doesn't work. There is no power even getting to the inside fuse center in the bathroom as that has a display on it which is completely dead.

Lights, turn signals, etc working and coach drives fine. The 12V cigarette lighter DOES work which shows us our toad braking system and TPMS. Stereo works. Strangely enough, steps DON'T work, which I thought came straight off the chassis battery. (?)

We are driving the last hour to Indy and stopping for what we hope is one night. Any ideas you can throw my way would be extremely appreciated!

Thank you.
Hi Tim,

I think there’s a cable that runs about 35’ from the chassis battery to the Battery Control Center (BCC). I bet if you trace that cable, you’ll find that it’s not properly secured and has fallen onto the hot exhaust causing a short to ground.

Once you’ve located that, use some of this https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...4355634&rt=rud to repair and properly secure the cable.

Good to go.

BTW, who’s this Myron guy?

Take care,
Stu

P.S. I’m “all in” with the Myron “Fan Club”. He’s aimed me in the right direction several times.

P.P.S. The above troubleshooting and repair was gleaned from post #63 and #69. Glad that it wasn't the salesman switch.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:37 PM   #102

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm not sure about your unit. But my 04 Journey has the inventor main Battery cable going to a large fuse mounted to the frame close to my batteries( It doesn't look like a fuse it looks like a blade with the main cable at one end then goes through the blade and out the other end. from there to the boost switch i think ?
Old 04-12-2020, 04:38 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilewsk View Post
We are Florida residents but also have a house in Michigan. We purchased a new Fleetwood Bounder from General RV in Wixom , Michigan a few years back. They are a big dealership. We’ve had great service from them. They should be able to handle your repair.
First, problem is fixed. (Post #63 above) Second, ALL General locations in Michigan (and I believe in the midwest) are closed. Not even answering their phones. They are who I purchased my first RV from in 2019 and I would have taken it to them immediately, if they were open.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:39 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
House battery disconnect ( salesman switch ) doesn't power the wipers.

Somewhere near the front end is a compartment full of fuses, breakers and relays. Its called the Run Bay.

One bus bar will be powered only when the ignition is on. That's the one that seems to be not working for the important stuff.
The fuses or breakers on that bus bar should be labeled with the stuff not working. The power from that will come thru a relay ( solenoid ) and that main feed should be fused.

That's where you need to look. Trippid breaker or fuse or bad relay, loose wire.
I believe there are 4 of those breakers in my Tiffin and located in the bay you
mentioned, and one of them went bad. It's an easy check with a volt meter to see if the breaker is working. Some are automatic reset, some manual reset, and some just have to be replaced. The last of the variety is what I had to replace. If there is power being supplied to all of those breakers, that would rule them out as the problem, and you'd have to do the checking further upstream.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:44 PM   #105

Everyone: Thanks for your assistance.

PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!

See post #63 above.

Thanks again!
Old 04-12-2020, 04:48 PM   #106

power loss

Because of the type of lose to your 12v system, with only a couple of things working I would suspect a poor ground. take a wire and connect to a good ground, then try connecting to the main ground terminal on the 12v fuse panel to see if things work. Start at the main panel first, if that doesn't work move onto the sub panels. I do think it will be at the main panel though. Mine is in the front outside cabinet on the driver's side.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:02 PM   #107

First off I would remove all power, disconnect all your batteries, make sure their is absolutely no power to your rig. Wait 20 min, then reconnect the power. This is called a cold boot, if anything is glitching this may help. That’s always my first preference of trouble shooting.

From there if nothing changes it sounds like something in a solenoid, relay or electronically controlled switch/device is hung up, that’s why I suggested a power disconnect.

As a mechanic in my younger years, I’ve seen, NEW, bad batteries and alternators do some really strange stuff!

I hope you find the problem.

Keep us posted.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:09 PM   #108
Retired Senior Member

200 amp!

Check the contact point on exhaust system. Burn through might be possible.

Great advise on a most perplexing problem. 👍
Old 04-12-2020, 05:17 PM   #109

Timmy B. A suggestion to try and solve your 12v problem. From your battery bay there should be a ground wire, probably of #6 bare copper placed to some point on the frame of the coach. Find this wire and check the connection point at the frame, should be clean and tight. Could have been left loose, not tightened properly.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #110

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a fried main battery disconnect switch in the battery bay. The Disconnect solenoid would be another good place to check. Mine is located in the electrical bay with all the fuses.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:10 PM   #111

Had the same issue

We would lose all dashboard gauges. It turned out that the coach battery had come loose and was Shorting our on the metal battery box frame.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:12 PM   #112

Quote:
Everyone: Thanks for your assistance.

PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!

See post #63 above.

Thanks again!

And yet it still continues...... How many more will pop up?
Closed Thread