Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Engine Light Issue 400 ISL Cummins

Hi all; I have an unusual issue with my 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire; I am getting a check engine light which will change when I change the setting on the Dash Air control, You can't make this up, If I turn the airflow indicator to the off position all works just fine but if I turn it on with the engine running, the effect varies; i.e, i get multiple check engine lights up to and including the stop Engine Light at which time the engine will shut down.
Has anyone ever even heard of this before, if so i would be delighted to hear what the fix was

happy RVing everyone

Harry
hedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #2

Engine light issue 400 isl cummins

Wowsers! Air flow indicator? Compressor maybe? Is this happening every time you turn on the dash air or after running for a while. I’ll go out on a limb here and I know they’re two different animals, mine is a different make and an ISM, but I found that after running the dash air in real hot conditions I would lose voltage down to below 12volts after a few hrs. Found that the factory had put the alternator excite wire and the air conditioner compressor on the same re-settable circuit breaker. When the compressor kicked the breaker it would kill the excite wire which tells the alternator to charge. Not saying this is your case but it leads me to believe something is sharing with the air system and they don’t get along right now. The best thing to do is find out what the fault codes are. For what a Cummins dealer charges for one hour you can buy an instrument to read the fault codes. This would be my starting point. You can guess it to death but not knowing what’s making your check engine light come on you’re in the dark.
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
How is your coolant level?
Old 07-29-2018, 12:12 AM   #4

You should post this question on the Newmar Owners Forum here in IRV2. You will probably get more informed answers from other Newmar owners.

Tags
cummins, engine, light