Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2020, 04:20 PM   #1

enLIGHTen Me Please

While returning from my Granddaughters birthday party last weekend up I-35, I saw a couple of Class A's with a LED light bar located under the front bumper. Even though it was still daylight, one of them had their LEDs on (like daytime running lights, I guess) and it got me thinking.........

Have any of you done this as an upgrade to your regular night driving lights? What kind did you use? Individual? How many? Lightbar? How big?
Where did you locate them?
How many Watts are they? What size would you recommend?
Did they require the installation of a relay?
Do they represent a significant power drain?
For those of you who have done this upgrade, would you do it again?

I try not to drive at night much anymore, since my '92 Pace Arrow doesn't have much for illumination and I don't always see so good anymore. I'm thinking ahead for those times when visibility is limited because of terrain, geography, circumstances, weather, or any other reason.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2020, 06:12 PM   #2

You have to be careful , non focus led light bars,( which most are ) are illegal for use on most state/province highways . DON'T consider anything labeled " Off road use only".
Old 05-30-2020, 06:38 PM   #3

Along with swapping out my 5x7 headlights with LED projectors, I replaced my original driving lights with these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work much, much better, but I DO NOT drive with them on during the day and limit their use to times they aren't shining at oncoming vehicles. They work well for dark country roads and divided highways where oncoming lanes are separated by a large divider. My plan is to possibly add a light bar in the middle to be used in rare circumstances such as boondocking roads and other places where I'm not blinding oncoming vehicles. I've had a few experiences where people have them on their trucks and drive with them like they are regular headlights. It's not just inconsiderate, it's dangerous too.

I've added a pair of LED floods to the light bracket on my motorcycle and tied them into my high beams. I Live out in the country and wouldn't have a bike without them because they light op the shoulders as well as the road ahead which is great for spotting deer and critters that could possibly run out in front of me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivinglights1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	287632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivinglights2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	406.0 KB
ID:	287633  

astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags