Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #1

Entegra Aspire bath and half or equivalent over 40' too much?

My wife and I have a 2005 Fleetwood Providence 39S. We like it rides great but the floor plan isn't what we like. We purchased this not knowing if we would use it so we kept the cost down by getting something close. That said after a few years we have clocked 30,000+ miles and now know that we will use it and want to spend a few more dollars on a one we like.

What we are looking for is a side radiator bath and half, diesel 450 hp or more dish washer stacked washer and dryer, aqua-hot with in floor heat, king bed preferably on the passenger side and a insulated basement. We would prefer booth style dinette but can change that down the road if we want.

Looking at used coaches it looks like Entegra hits all the boxes with the Aspire.

My first question to everyone is if a coach that is 42-43 feet an issue at the average camp? 80% of them are no issue for the 39' that we have the other 20% we all have seen where they pack things in and your slide outs nearly touch the ones next to you. I have no issue driving a longer coach and the extra minor cost for the tag axle isn't a concern, the over 40' question is purely getting into the average park. To me a 39' should be the same issue as a 43' but I wanted to tap everyone's wisdom.

We have looked at several coaches and want to keep to $200,000 or less before trade in. But if anyone can think of another coach that is in the fit and finish class of the Entegra with all the above please feel free to suggest but the main thrust of the question is size and issues with 40' and over coaches.
Mark D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #2

American eagle or Heritage. A fleet wood product
Woody57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #3

The Entegra line would be a good choice. Newmar and Tiffin are in the same class. I have owned Fleetwood products and would put them a notch lower, but they were a 96, 98, and 99 models. They might have improved since then. You will have no trouble with the added 4-5' in length. We are 75' long with the trailer and seldom have any trouble finding a park to take us. Several are adding 80' pads for the bigger rigs.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #4

We are relative newbies and in a 45ft coach. We have had several times where the first few parks we tried could not fit us in. (All the bigger slots booked.) Thus far we have been able to find another park relative close with a spot we could get. Wife just made some reservations for next week and one area we got in 3rd park we tried. Now I am not sure but doubt it is much harder finding a spot for 45 ft than for 40ft.

Tom
Old 05-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We have a 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 40'. It's a tag axle, side radiator, 450 HP, bath and 1/2, stacked washer/dryer, dish washer, fireplace, Oasis (Newmar uses Oasis vs Aqua Hot) and heated bays. Ours came with a booth that we switched to a dinette and buffet. Ours also came with a king bed, on the passenger side, that we switched to a queen. Ours didn't come with heated floors because it was ordered and sold in California.

Ours has everything you want and one more huge extra....Comfort Steer. A proprietary steering system only Newmar sells. Newmar also has all these features in a 43'.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:47 PM   #6

I agree with some of what everyone else said....LoL which means I disagree with some of it too.

Tiffin is not in the same class as Newmar and Entegra (IMO)

If a campground has a spot that will fit a 39' coach it will likely fit a 43' coach. I don't see many campgrounds that have a break point between those two numbers......

Availability is another issue, the longer spots are both more popular and a lower percentage of the spots out there. Book early!

I have been trying to book a campsite on Jekyll Island for over a year, after about 15 calls (once a month) she finally told me some very important information. They accept reservation up to 3 years in advance! I literally laughed out loud and told her she could have saved me and her a whole of time and heartache if she would have told me that a year ago! (sorry for the tangent) Book Early!

Lastly, I love my Entegra, but Newmar will get a close look when the time comes. I have a friend that is on his 3rd Allegro Bus. He agrees that his next one will not be a Tiffin, Entegra and Newmar are his top two as well.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
We have a 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 40'. It's a tag axle, side radiator, 450 HP, bath and 1/2, stacked washer/dryer, dish washer, fireplace, Oasis (Newmar uses Oasis vs Aqua Hot) and heated bays. Ours came with a booth that we switched to a dinette and buffet. Ours also came with a king bed, on the passenger side, that we switched to a queen. Ours didn't come with heated floors because it was ordered and sold in California.

Ours has everything you want and one more huge extra....Comfort Steer. A proprietary steering system only Newmar sells. Newmar also has all these features in a 43'.
40' 450HP TAG with CS, I bet that thing drives like a dream!
What is your loaded weight?
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:12 AM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
37K Loaded. Really drives well, now that I finally found some front shocks that smoothed out the front end (Koni EVO).
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:37 AM   #9

We put on Bilsteins on and it made a huge difference. Thanks for your feedback.
Mark D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra