Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
From what I can tell, yes, the product on Amazon is the entire lock set ...both pieces or part numbers.

I was initially wrong when giving you the Amazon link and saying that it was actually Trimark selling it through Amazon. You're right, it was a third party (RV and Auto Parts storefront). That explains why TriMark's prices were so much higher ...I initially thought it was TriMark selling it through Amazon. My apologies.

If you delve into it further, you'll see that Amazon itself sells it for $100. I might be tempted to order it directly from Amazon and if it isn't to your satisfaction --i.e. if it doesn't have a steel plunger, etc.-- it's easy to send it back for a refund as it's coming from Amazon and they're pretty good about exchanges and refunds.

Go to the Amazon link again ...HERE and tap/click on " New (6) from $97.00 & FREE shipping"

You'll then see five other vendors selling it. The second one is Amazon itself for $100

Theroc,
Done! And I finally applied for the 5% cash back Amazon card (beats my regular Visa 2% back). The total was $108 taxes included for Zero money out of my pocket because I received $108 just for signing up for Amazon's Visa card. Whenever I touch the latch when entering my coach it will be with gratitude for your help and that it cost me no money. Thanks again!! I'll send a photo of my Coach once I've installed the new latch.
MissAdventur is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
From what I can tell, yes, the product on Amazon is the entire lock set ...both pieces or part numbers.

I was initially wrong when giving you the Amazon link and saying that it was actually Trimark selling it through Amazon. You're right, it was a third party (RV and Auto Parts storefront). That explains why TriMark's prices were so much higher ...I initially thought it was TriMark selling it through Amazon. My apologies.

If you delve into it further, you'll see that Amazon itself sells it for $100. I might be tempted to order it directly from Amazon and if it isn't to your satisfaction --i.e. if it doesn't have a steel plunger, etc.-- it's easy to send it back for a refund as it's coming from Amazon and they're pretty good about exchanges and refunds.

Go to the Amazon link again ...HERE and tap/click on " New (6) from $97.00 & FREE shipping"

You'll then see five other vendors selling it. The second one is Amazon itself for $100

Hi Theroc,
Well here is my update.
I ordered the handle from Amazon. Glad I took your advice and ordered it from Amazon prime because it was the wrong size. So I just rode my bike across the street where there is a Kohl’s and returned it for no cost. After reading some other comments I decided to go through Trimark bite the bullet and pay $149 plus $16 shipping for just the exterior part of the entry latch. My friend screwed it in within five minutes. So yay I have a new entry latch. Did not want to pay that price but So glad I did. It feels so good to have a locked entry door! Thanks again to you and everyone who helped me!
MissAdventur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:11 PM   #17

FYI: The eBay seller that makes the TriMark latch repair kit is sportssnutt.

You can find his listing by doing an Advance search. Scroll down to the Sellers section, check "Only show items from:" and then enter his ID, sportssnutt.

Bruce
PennBruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, entry door, hurricane, thor