Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2017, 05:15 AM   #15

Thanks for the response. I think the only issue with my approach is not being able to actually clean the two pieces prior to injecting the epoxy. In order to do that the entire filon layer would need to be removed and since a lot of the original bond is still holding it might destroy the part.

Jamestown Distributors is actually only about 1/2 hour from my house, I may pay them a visit and discuss with them. They have been very knowledgeable in the past when I needed help.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2017, 05:40 AM   #16

epoxy needed

every unit we bought new, the first item I did was to run a small bead of non silicone chalk around the frame of all storage doors. water over time gets between the door frame and door panel. never had a defamation problem...after your repair might consider doing this. better yet before assembly run a bead inside frame...good luck
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjweave View Post
G flex is the thicker of the West Systems epoxy. Not quite the thickness of honey. I used a roller for this repair but it can be injected. I used it for other repairs on the RV and injected with a syringe.
Attachment 174193Attachment 174194
West's tech department recommended the G flex due to its flexible nature (it's one of the few epoxies you can actual nail or screw into without the epoxy chipping or splintering. It's also waterproof.
I recommend calling them and letting them know what your going to repair and how, their support is second to none.
Thanks for this info, sounds like what I need. Vettenuts if you make progress, please post and let me know. sounds like we are in the same boat.
JGIBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:11 PM   #18

I'm also looking for a epoxy for repairing the delamination below the RV windows ..

i was looking at this one i found in amazon https://www.amazon.com/GENERAL-PURPO...4553994&sr=8-2

what do you guys think ?
zuluaga63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #19

I have worked with West Systems epoxy in the past and it is a great product. To me, I would stick with what I know. If you use their 105 system, they have different hardeners if you need more work time as well which can be advantageous.

Also, as a sideline, I did look at the G-Flex mentioned above last time I was in West Marine. It doesn't state it can be used for foam so I would be inclined not to use it for my future repairs on my basement doors.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, door, repair