Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #29

Finding the source of a water leak can be a difficult task. I spent several months looking for a leak because it only showed up under certain conditions. Even a very small crack in the right location can leak. I used both EternaBond tape and Dicor caulk to keep out the rain. Nothing will deteriorate your rig faster than a water leak.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #30
Community Moderator

EternaBond or Dicor???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKerrGuy View Post
Posting as a reply to Mel's comment because he called Dicor a Johnny come lately. Cannot see where that is true if the original paperwork for a 15 year old MH calls for it.

I believe the original Dicor product as mentioned in your 15 year old paperwork is the self-leveling caulk. The tape product I believe is something new, and an obvious copy of the product from the company we all assumed invented it "EternaBond". Could be that Dicor has licensed the technology ....just don't know without further research.

Read this thread that suggests the Dicor tape is a cheaper inferior product when compared to EternaBond tape.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...694/page/2.cfm
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I believe the original Dicor product as mentioned in your 15 year old paperwork is the self-leveling caulk. The tape product I believe is something new, and an obvious copy of the product from the company we all assumed invented it "EternaBond". Could be that Dicor has licensed the technology ....just don't know without further research.

Read this thread that suggests the Dicor tape is a cheaper inferior product when compared to EternaBond tape.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Eternabond tape = Dicor tape??? Camping World
Nope. The paper work I have specifically talks about tape. Even has the part numbers. Numbers are the same today.

Read the link you provided. Had You posted before I went to CW, I may have not purchased the Dicor. However, the last post in the link says, "Same stuff but made by different companies. Camping World stocked Eternabond until Dicor came out with there's. Used both, they apply, stick, and last the same. I've found no difference"

This only further adds to the confusion. This person also believes Eternabond proceeded Dicor. Not that it really matters, but I'm going to contact Dicor to try to find out how long their tape has been available.
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #32

[QUOTE=LakeKerrGuy
Posting as a reply to Mel's comment because he called Dicor a Johnny come lately. Cannot see where that is true if the original paperwork for a 15 year old MH calls for it.[/QUOTE]

LakeKerrGuy
You may be correct that Dicor Tape is not a "Johnny Come Lately".

However, my mind is made up ....don't confuse me with FACTS!
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dicor, eternabond