Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #1

Everything old is new again!

When I read these posts they only make me love my 93 Airstream Land yacht even more. I paid $18,000 for it one year ago and it is totally perfect. All of the depreciation is out of it. It has no slides.It doesnt have 300 horsepower. It just does what it is supposed to do...carry us anywhere we want to go in complete and luxurious comfort which my wife and I find more than comfortable enough four times a year. My grandkids love it. But then, at 10 and 5 they don't surf this site. To them this is the is ultimate way to get away from home for the weekend. They dont even know what an Airstream, Tiffin or Prevost is. They just need a place to nap, plug in their WIIS and run free in the woods. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, find a nice used mh, pay cash for it and use it every chance you get. A tire now and then, new light bulbs, a new rear view camera and the occasional go over by a good rv tech is FAR less than the payments on a newer unit.
BTW...I own two Prevost production coaches for my company that I paid more than a million each for. They are NOT RVs. They are business tools and totally deductible. I wouldn't think of trying to sleep in one with all of the tv production equipment packed into them. I, in fact, have only driven one of them once. Great feel. But not a rv.
buki is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I owned a 1978 Argosy motorhome.(pre airstream) I loved it. In nine years the only trouble was a water pump for the chevy engine.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #3

We love our '94!

We also love our older RV, a '94 Winnebago Brave. Paid $10K cash and was able to use it on trips the weekend after we bought it. I too feel like I'm traveling in unbelievable luxury every time we use it as it does everything we need it too and we don't have to spend time at the factory getting anything fixed. A little preventative maintenance when we got it has gone along way.

Every time I wake up in a toasty warm RV and get to use my own personal bathroom without having to dash to a campground one I can't believe how lucky I am! In addition the seats are super comfy, the mattress is top quality foam, the original refrigerator cools like a champ and has no recalls on it and there is no out-gassing of formaldehyde because it out-gassed a long time ago. To top it off we fit in all the great national parks and don't mind a bit if a branch scratches the side because there is no paint job to show every little mark.

We also have loads of cargo carrying capacity (no granite or tile to take up the weight), the RV drives straight and true (no heavy slide on one side to throw everything off) and we don't get thrown around by the trucks (were narrow body and non-basement so have a lower center of gravity).

We don't have fancy tvs or satellite dishes but then again I don't watch TV at home so can't really see taking up the habit on a camping vacation.

Cheers!
Michelle
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #4

buki - you are lucki. I had a beautiful 1975 GMC motor home I really loved and lavished time and much money on. The to-do list never got shorter. But then GM cars from the 70's were mostly the same way. Our 2002 Country Coach rarely has any problems. Is your airstream one of those beautiful ones that looks like the stainless trailers?
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote