Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
They sent adjuster out, approved the repair. I still have some out of pocket cost as they will pay up to 120.00 per hour and this shop wants 126.00 and my deductible of 200.00 plus 20 something in freight.

Overall I am happy I had a extended service plan!
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
We just bought a new Bounder and elected not to go with an Extended Warranty at this time since the coach is covered for 1 year and the chassis if covered for I think 4 years.

Am I making a mistake?
BarryN514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryN514 View Post
We just bought a new Bounder and elected not to go with an Extended Warranty at this time since the coach is covered for 1 year and the chassis if covered for I think 4 years.

Am I making a mistake?
No mistake. I wish I had done the same thing instead of "wasting" a year of EW coverage on my new DP.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Quote:
We just bought a new Bounder and elected not to go with an Extended Warranty at this time since the coach is covered for 1 year and the chassis if covered for I think 4 years. Am I making a mistake?
It depends on the price now vs the price later. I've seen seven year policies on a new coach cheaper than a four year policy on a three year old one.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Point taken and thanks!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Am I making a mistake?
I am looking for the extended warranty as well. My unit is a 2014, I contacted Wholesale Warranties and was given a quote. They explained to me the reason why my plan is cheeper when it is new as versing waiting until the 1 yr. manufacture warranty runs out. If you purchase now and the warranty starts now and it is a lot cheeper now. When you wait the price goes up considerable. Check it out with them and they will give you the prices for both. I priced good sam and it was about three times as high as WW or the plan that my dealer wanted to sell me. I have a new Phaeton and the price for a cash deal is $3400.00 for 6 yrs. I can't beat that anyplace.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Bill, Do you have a link for that Wholesale Warranty Place?

I priced GS as well and if I buy now, I can get a 4 year for $2590.00 including tires coverage and a 7 year for $7,917.00 with tire coverage.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bill, just found there website and read most of it. I see they offer,"Coach ONLY"coverage as well. Is this what you got or the price you listed was "COMPLETE" coverage, power train AND coach?

Motor Home Extended Warranty Listed Component Coverage Option | Wholesale Warranties
Old 12-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Bill, Do you have a link for that Wholesale Warranty Place?

I priced GS as well and if I buy now, I can get a 4 year for $2590.00 including tires coverage and a 7 year for $7,917.00 with tire coverage.
Stephen@wholesalewarranties.com <Stephen@wholesalewarranties.com>

The web site is above minus the stephen @ part. If you want the quote just e-mail the above. I am going to buy from them in about a week or so. I am going to pay the cash price because you get a $300.00 discount for cash.
Thanks for the welcome home. I was there in 1966-67, Long bing, (spelling).
Welcome home to you as well!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is the reply I received regarding if I wait for a year.

Quote:
Thank you for letting me know your concerns. I believe that most everyone goes through the same concerns when shopping for an extended warranty on new RVs. Safely stating, the premium would increase by at least $400 - $500 without forecasting a rate increase from the warranty companies. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Guess I will bite the bullet and go with WW. Amy has been very good at answering all my question without hesitation. Paying 100K+ for this RV, I think it is worth piece of mind by insuring it.

Being an Insurance General Manager for 34 years, I preached, " You can't buy insurance when you need it". You have to have it prior to filling a claim.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well got my Coach back yesterday, generator repair bill came 3277.40 I paid 602.08, I had a deductible plus some freight .I also had them change out the oil pressure switch and cooling thermostat while they had it down. They checked belt an hoses and other things just to make sure everything looked ok.
Rocky Mountain Cummins West in Grand junction did a wonderful job of keeping me up to date. Oh coach was done Friday the 13th and they were able to keep her inside and warm till Yesterday 12/18
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #27

Let me jump back in here. Make sure the policy from WW(ExtraRide) has gasket and seals covered too.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought a four-year plan from Wholesale Warranties when I bought my coach in summer of '12. It is underwritten by Bankers of Florida and administered by Allegiance Administrators. Allegiance is the outfit you'll deal with on claims, and they've been straightforward and fine to deal with. I've had two claims that they paid without serious issue.

My advice is two-fold: Don't try to go cheap. 1) Be sure you get a comprehensive plan-- where coverage is bumper to bumper with certain specified exceptions. 2) Be sure to spend a bit extra for "Consequential Damage" coverage. This will partially erase the line between covered and non-covered items.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service