Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #1

Extended Warranty advice

I'm considering an extended warranty for my 2007 Itasca Sunrise. I've looked at the many threads here concering them but still want to consider it. My dealer is pushing XtraRide which seems good but costly. Another I have found (thru Warranty Experts) that looks as good is Go-RV Warranty. Does anyone have any experience with them?
Thanks for any help.
ncretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2009, 06:21 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
We have have very good service and experience with RVProtection.net. Take a look at their website. Price was the best I could find. As a claims adjuster I read the policy cover to cover before purchasing and as warranties go it was good coverage. My claims were paid as expected but be aware that warranties are just like any contract they do not cover everything.

http://www.rvprotection.net/

journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncretired View Post
I'm considering an extended warranty for my 2007 Itasca Sunrise. I've looked at the many threads here concering them but still want to consider it. My dealer is pushing XtraRide which seems good but costly. Another I have found (thru Warranty Experts) that looks as good is Go-RV Warranty. Does anyone have any experience with them?
Thanks for any help.
I have had WarrantyExperts for four years and they have come through for me when I needed them. Keep in mind that you are not getting a warranty, but rather an insurance policy. Either way, I've been happy with them.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Warranty Experts is a agent, not an insurer. Once they sell you the policy, they are out of the loop.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Roamer [Gary] View Post
Warranty Experts is a agent, not an insurer. Once they sell you the policy, they are out of the loop.
I'm guessing you are not speaking from personal experience. If so, it is not the same as mine. I've had occasion to use my policy three times. On each occasion, I've gone directly through them. They may "farm" it out when they receive notice from me, but they are the ones I call, or have my dealer call.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

But I DO have personal experience. I purchased my current extended warranty through Warranty Experts in 2006 and have submitted several claims, all to the claims phone number shown on my policy. The policy is from RV Shield and the claims go to a claims administration company called Warrentech, via the phone number shown in my policies claims instructions.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #7

If you do a Google you will quickly find that Warranty Experts lost his BBB approval and was being sued by the State of Texas. A search on rv.net will give you a lot of reading and more complaints than anything else. When people post about this outfit and they are displeased he often threatens them with law suits!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I stopped recommending Warranty Experts back in early 2008, when a lot of these problems came to light. A friend lost the premium to paid the them - they never turned it over to the insurer and so a policy was never issued. Lawsuit still in progress, last I heard.

Mine went through without a problem and the insurer and administrator company are fine. It's Warranty Experts I would not deal with again.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #9

Wow - I'm glad I asked. I had done a quick Google search and didn't find much. Now digging deeper I found Warranty Experts has had a number of problems - not something I want to deal with. Some good websites I used: RV.net; Better Business Bureau (bbb.org/us);TheSqueakyWheel.com; RipOffReport.com. Guess I'll keep looking.
ncretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:04 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have an extended warranty for 7 years and although not used yet, we sleep better knowing it's there even if it doesn't cover everything
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
We have the Route 66 warranty. To date we have used it twice, and are very glad we have the extended coverage. We bought it from the Winnebago dealer when we purchased our Adventurer.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #12

Quote:
we sleep better knowing it's there even if it doesn't cover everything
I sleep better having the money in my pocket. LOL
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:43 AM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We went with PRIZM..."The Plan" BBB rated A+

Covers EVERYTHING! except of course wear items..

Made our first claim...They paid flawlessly, but they did "negotiate" agressively with the repair facility...and at first wanted us to accept "non-cummins" parts, (cheaper), but after I spoke with them on the phone all was good....
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
remember that it is not really an EXTENDED WARRANTY...it is an insurance policy and it does not cover everything. You need to read the policy in advance and see what is covered and what is not covered. There can be some very "slick" lawyer wording buried in there.

Some list items that are included and some list items that are excluded.

I have had the extended warranties in the past, some are not so bad, others immediate answer is NO and there will not move from this position. Personally, I would put the money aside in the bank and use it as needed.

Remember that with any insurance policy that you are betting into stacked odds...it favors the house. They are betting that you will not use anything close to the amount you have paid. You on the other hand are betting that you will hit the jackpot and be the winner. If they were not going to make money, they would not be selling the "warranties".

Also, do a check on the companies finances. These places come and go like most people change underwear.

My nickles worth. Was 2 cents, but you know inflation...

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote