Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #29
Community Administrator

Hey Kent , I'd help you but I'm too far away now. Missed your chance in May. Anyway, a lot of guys on the Yahoo Bounder have used Poly Glo with great results. I know yours will look great too.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #30

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So the defective part is maybe the gelcoat? This is a 2003 model.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #31

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Hey Kent , I'd help you but I'm too far away now. Missed your chance in May. Anyway, a lot of guys on the Yahoo Bounder have used Poly Glo with great results. I know yours will look great too.
Did you use it on yours Cliff? Yours is a mirror!

And as far as helping, I am just SURE you , T, and B would LOVE to come back to Texas real soon now ya hear?
Old 08-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Ok Rvguy40, I called and talked to Poly Glo and you and they convinced me. I ordered the kit with the extra bottle for follow ups. I won't do anything else till I get it....Says delivery on or before August 24. I can work on it over the weekend.....does it have to be done in the shade? I can't work on it in direct sunlight? or not?

But, now, you are in this with me, so if I have problems, I'm gonna call YOU!

I'll have to get it done this weekend cause I don't dare show up at the Boomers Rally next weekend in a filthy moldy coach!

Attention: anyone that wants to come help, my address is........
LOL ! I wouldn't steer you wrong...it really is easy to use. It's not quite as much work as waxing..and nothing sticks to it. A few tips.....Read the directions carefully..mix the cleaner EXACTLY as it recommends. You will be AMAZED at what rolls out of that gelcoat. Let it dry, and start applying. The first couple coats will "wick" into the gelcoat, and the shine develops with each coat. In no time at all, your coach will look better than new. I had about 24 hours invested in doing this to my coach.. BUT... I scrubbed the roof, trimmed some scruffy graphics, etc. I have people asking me about my coach EVERYTIME I go into a campground...how old it is, what I use on it, has it been garaged, etc.....
rvguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #33

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post
On what kind of material were you parked? It looks like artillery fungus.

Street side, no mold, you can see its on the rocks.

Curb side, mold, worse at the back than the front....grass!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-21_11-21-19_839.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	25086   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-22_17-42-35_175.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	450.5 KB
ID:	25087  

Old 08-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #34

BTW, I didn't answer the rest of your questions.... it can be used in the sun. I had my coach aimed north and south... so I did the shady side in the morning and moved with the sun...but direct sun will not affect it at all.... know what I mean ? I saw it being used on a boat in a marina across from a campground I was in, and was more than impressed. Also, unlike some other products, it will not yellow with age, it doesn't crack, peel or anything else. If you ever need to remove it you either sand it off, or strip it with a chemical stripper.....I know it sounds like I've got stock in the company, but I assure you, I don't..just a very enthusiastic and satisfied user...LOL!
rvguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #35

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy40 View Post
BTW, I didn't answer the rest of your questions.... it can be used in the sun. I had my coach aimed north and south... so I did the shady side in the morning and moved with the sun...but direct sun will not affect it at all.... know what I mean ? I saw it being used on a boat in a marina across from a campground I was in, and was more than impressed. Also, unlike some other products, it will not yellow with age, it doesn't crack, peel or anything else. If you ever need to remove it you either sand it off, or strip it with a chemical stripper.....I know it sounds like I've got stock in the company, but I assure you, I don't..just a very enthusiastic and satisfied user...LOL!
Well, doesn't sound like I better try that over the weekend, will have to wait till I get back from Labor Day weekend trip. I am excited about it too! I have seen enough pictures and videos of how it works and how wonderful it is, just kinda scared about doing it right....thanks for the support and the info! Its all good!

Old 08-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #36

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Did you post pictures of your coach before and after? I like to think my coach is in better than average condition because I worked my a** off last year on it, but maybe not if mold can grow on it . I love pictures. Lotsa pictures. Will take them when I start the process of the Poly Glo. Post yours Rvguy!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #37

Nice grass - any chance your lawn sprinkler system is causing the problem?
S2kskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #38

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kskibum View Post
Nice grass - any chance your lawn sprinkler system is causing the problem?
Thanks! No, it doesn't run in the winter months. Plus I moved the sprinkler head (gear drive) limits so it doesn't spray the coach that's why the grass is so dead behind the coach, I never have got the rock extended back there. The mold was only on the curb side of the motorhome. It is the morning dew/condensation that sits there all morning whereas the street side gets sun right away in the morning and burns it off...

I am going to see about getting new vinyl stripes before I do the Poly Glo thing....some of the stripes are cracked and faded.

Update: Fleetwood sells the striping individually, which is great because the only bad stripe with cracks is the light colored kind of pinkish colored one....I can see it when I zoom in on this pic.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-03_18-51-11_886.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	25123  
Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #39

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Hey, Rvguy, I have a couple of bad places in my vinyl striping. I think it would be good to replace the bad striping before I do the Poly Glo. I contacted Fleetwood and am waiting on schematics. She said they sell them individually, which is good, my darker stripes are all in good/moderately good condition, but the pinkish looking one has bad cracks in it and sure needs replaced. The vinyl on the street side of the coach is all in relatively good condition....of course, there are spots in all the striping that hopefully the Poly Glo is gonna help a lot....

btw, thanks for the info on the sun, etc!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #40

Kent - Looks like Spencer's investigating the grass to see if it caused the problem in one picture
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #41

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danandcarol View Post
Kent - Looks like Spencer's investigating the grass to see if it caused the problem in one picture

I know, right?

Actually, that was when I was doing a 'dry run' with my ex-pens and he got caught in it and was snooping round to figure out what was going on in his back yard....!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #42

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Vinyl striping

Well, Fleetwood no longer has any of the striping, and the die cut is no longer available......

No clue about where to go from here. Guess I'll have to leave them alone...