Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpalmerCass View Post
We have an exterior TV and never use it and never will.

That's us. And it still amazes me that some newer Class A will have 4 TVs. I still don't get it. But then, what do I know? I'm usually out of the main stream on most issues.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMichHunte View Post
As we continuing to look for our first MH, we came to another head scratcher, at least to us. For those of you that have an outside entertainment system/exterior TV, do you use it and would you get it on your next HM? I assume the awning blocks enough sun to make it viewable durning the day? What are the pro & cons to it and is it worth the $?
Out side TV’s are great if there are no neighbors BUT in most campgrounds there are neighbors and your Outside TV will probably be a real disturbance to them! I hate it when someone parks next to me with an outside TV. Whats worse is when they go inside and leave it on!!
slick60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:49 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 55 Plasma that I use outside. I don't use it much but the sun is not really an issue. It's why I went with a plasma
BobJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:57 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef 57 View Post
I love mine 40 inch screen plus satellite radio with a sound bar what more could you want.
peace, quiet and darkness in the campsite next to me.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:58 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
We are in this group also.
don't have one, don't want one, won't buy an RV with one. if you have one please respect your neighbors and keep the noise down.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
To each their own, if you are not a big fan of watching TV, no need for one. I love watching TV, but we only have one at our house (family room). Our coach has four. The main TV is on a televator and is 60'. We rarely watch this one, unless with have guests over for a movie. We've never had a bedroom TV at home, so the bedroom TV in the RV is rarely used. We mainly use the front (overhead) TV for all of our viewing.

I thought the outside TV was cool when we bought our last coach, but used it infrequently. This coach I replaced the swivel arm with one that tilts, making the TV much more useable. We'll still rarely use it, but not a big deal to have or not have. If you have grandkids, it's great for an evening movie. Our last tip was a boating trip with all the grandkids. The outside TV was nice to keep them busy during dinner prep and showers.

Ours has a sound bar and it plays music via the dash XM radio. I can also Bluetooth Pamdora.
oh, we love TV. my wife has mobility issues so we watch a lot of TV at night...INSIDE the coach being mindful to keep the sound down. don't want and won't have or use an outside TV in respect for our neighbors.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #49

Quote:
That is what actually generated our question. We were specking out new Newmar Bay & Canyon Star's and saw that an an option and were wondering if we actually would use it or not. At first this thread started us thinking, Yup, we should get it but is moving towards nope, we don't need it.

I just don't want to pay for something that we wouldn't use. But then again, better to have and not need than to need and not have, right?

Who knows, that's the conundrum we're in on the whole HM search, new vs. used, gas vs. diesel, Pre DEF or not, short vs. long, single vs. bath and a half, outside TV or not, fireplace vs. no fireplace and the list goes on. Oh, and of course, making a decision on one could impact the others, it's all a trade off... My head hurts...
how much interior storage space would you be trading for the outside TV?
Old 08-25-2019, 03:19 PM   #50

Depends on what your viewing habits are. We like motor racing & golf. Our coach is a 2002 Dutchstar, so didn’t come with TV, but the connections were in one of the bays. We bought a TV that would fit and kept the box to store it. We are on our 3rd tv as the quality, picture & sizes have improved. We only use if we are in one place for a while....week or more. We are working on putting one in a bay that currently has a tool peg board. The tools there are all replicated in a tool box so we really don’t need the space for that. We would attached a mount that had all the different articulations to help with the sun issue. Bigger than the outdoor TV is having the DVR (we take the box from our bedroom). We never watch anything live, even at home (unless breaking news). So we have complete freedom doing what we want and watching later.
Dutchstar53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:32 PM   #51

Had a motorhome with an outside TV and used it twice. When we ordered the current motorhome we said no to the outside TV. No one wants to watch or listen to a TV blaring at the neighbors RV.
mikena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:34 PM   #52

Have one but don’t use it. Do not want to annoy neighbors. May use it someday with ear phones
Old 08-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #53

Our used Miramar came with 3 TV's. We never use the one in the bedroom. We DO like having the outside TV to watch news and College Football and Momma has to watch NASCAR.

We'd rather be outside watching than inside so, yeah - the outside TV works for us. So much so that I just replaced the original with a new, updated, inexpensive smart tv. Lots of good games starting this Thursday and we'll be set up at Jonathan Dickinson State Park in FL just in time to pregame for them!

PS - we do have one of those mesh shade things that attaches to the awning itself which does help with glare on the screen.
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #54

We camp to get away from TV

Quote:
As we continuing to look for our first MH, we came to another head scratcher, at least to us. For those of you that have an outside entertainment system/exterior TV, do you use it and would you get it on your next HM? I assume the awning blocks enough sun to make it viewable durning the day? What are the pro & cons to it and is it worth the $?

It's personal preference. We camp to get away from daily life and that includes television. When a neighboring camper sets up to watch TV outside - we go for a walk or go inside. For us it interferes with our camping experience.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:56 PM   #55

Mostly early Evening

Yes, Sun glare is an issue depending on orientation of RV/Sun, cloud cover, time of day. We didn’t/ wouldn’t buy a RV and drive 34,000 miles to watch TV! But that said, on days not hiking/ touring, and if wx pleasant/ no bugs... I do setup outside and watch something from time to time... mostly Golf Ch... not a big sports fan. If we had found another RV with a floor plan we liked better we would have purchased it, regardless of outside TV status.
W3GAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:02 PM   #56

Our RV has what appears to be a nice outside setup, Sony TV with a Bose soundbar. How is it, you ask? I have no idea, I have never turned it on. When we are on vacation, we are checking out that area and not watching TV. If you are a full-timer, then I can see using it in nice weather. But, if you only RV to go visit places, like us, then I would be surprised if you will use it much...if at all.
New to this is offline   Reply With Quote