Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2019, 06:46 PM   #71

It’s a must have for me

Even though it wasn’t on our list our last coach had one built into the exterior wall. When we bought our current pusher were was an amazing smart tv in one of the under storage bays. We love sitting out there in the evening watching movies. If we ever upgrade an outdoor tv will be a must have!
ronyrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2019, 06:51 PM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
About 18 years ago some friends of our had a TV on the outside of their 5th wheel. I thought it was dumb. Then we all pulled up our lawn chairs, popcorn, drinks, and blankets and had an outdoor movie. It was kinda fun. Now we have one on the outside of our MH and we use it for sports mostly. Go Pack Go!
JMCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:01 PM   #73

Outside tv

I am who likes to one sit outside to read and enjoy being outdoors. I only ask that you be considerate of your neighbors. I’ve had neighbors who watch outside and keep the volume down and it is never an issue. Others think everyone in the park wants to listen. They are great if you like to sit outside and watch but please be considerate of you neighbors.
TheKassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:21 PM   #74

Coastal Campers
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Use Mine All the Time

Yep! Worth it to me. No problem with viewing on the sunniest days. Standard with the Entegra Emblem.
jkinnebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:32 PM   #75

Remember you have neighbors who may not be on the same channel as what you like to watch. Had a rough day on the road one day and wanted to get to bed early for a early departure the next a.m. Had to listen to gun battle till after two in the morning. Thank you Jesus for patience.

Terry
terrykemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #76

We wind up staying in the same places often to visit family

Given we have seen and done about everything there we have free time at the park

The outside TV works well getting the puppy as well as ourselves out to watch news, weather, or whatever

I really doubt if we have ever bothered anyone as we try to consider how we like to have our neighbors behave and act accordingly

90% of the campers out there do the same thankfully

I didn't try to keep count but it seems equally divided
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:53 PM   #77

Most new units come with an exterior TV and to me it's a waste of money, why, I have one in my motorhome and because the manufacture did a bad install the hatch leaks and thus the TV doesn't work right with the remote. To some people it might be good but on a hot or rainy day why..... you are camping so go take a hike. For the RV manufacture a 32 inch 200 dollar TV gives a visual impact to the unknowing and just might make a sale easier. We have owned our RV for over 3 years and I can count the number of times we have used the TV on less than ten fingers.
Walt Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:56 PM   #78

I’ve never met a neighboring exterior entertainment center I was happy to hear, even when set to “low” volume. Please use your Bluetooth headphones or go inside to watch tv.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:41 PM   #79

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
You will have lots of differing opinions from this, or any group on this question. Ultimately you will have to come to you own conclusion about whether you will like and use the outdoor TV. I will say this though, if you like it, use it, if you don't just leave the door shut and forget it's there. It doesn't take up much room at all, but it will add to it's resale value. Plus, you will be pretty hard pressed to find a coach built after about 2012 or so without one. That should tell you something right there.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:33 AM   #80

Newmar Owners Club
Exterior TV

Tks Deep Water!!!! Geepers, I had to go to page 2 to find someone who has my same opinion. Yes, I believe “majority rules” but I also believe we all have a right to a peaceful existence. Running a tv where others who want to enjoy the peaceful outdoors must give up an retreat indoors —- is just rude!
Andrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:33 AM   #81

For those of you that have an outside entertainment system/exterior TV, do you use it and would you get it on your next HM?
I have had that option on my last 2 RVs. Never utilized it. Parking next to an outdoor TV watcher is much like being stuck in traffic next to a car with a thumper in the trunk, listening to music you wouldn't chose to listen to yourself. I have seen a groups of enthusiasts watching a ball game outdoors, but, usually the surrounding coaches belong to members of that group.
botiemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:42 AM   #82

Took ours out

We only found one fifth wheel that suited our needs (I had to have an open bedroom and we didn’t want to go past a certain weight). It came with an outside tv so we had to get it. Never used it. It also had a small outside refrigerator. Never used it. Hubby took it them both out for more storage space. I’m sure a lot of people enjoy them but we’ve seen very few being used in our travels. The inside layout was our priority.
fernsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #83

Wouldn't be a deal breaker either way for us. Over the years (nearly 50) we have used our RV's for numerous things, but weekend camping has been the least of that use. We traveled to many sporting events and an outside TV was part of the tailgating there, so if our unit didn't have one we hauled a portable with us. Now we spend months in our coach during the winters and find an outside TV useful for enjoying the evenings outside relaxing. Sometimes even during the day, which requires the use of the sunshade and some concession to glare being a problem that we live with. While the winter use is in a campground, it isn't like camping with neighbors who are weekenders and cherish the solitude of the "peace and quiet" many of us enjoyed over our camping lives.

To each their own, there is no one size fits all answer.
hipower65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:49 AM   #84

Have had capability on this and our last rv and never chose to use it. We are off having fun during the day, or enjoying sitting outside without the noise. What tv we watch is at night, inside. I see few of my fellow rvers using outside tv either. Maybe a couple on a football day, but those are few and far between. Glad they don't. I'd hate to have to listen to their choice of tv program when I'm outside reading. I agree with previous poster that interior floor plan is the big issue.
trailering texan is offline   Reply With Quote