Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbdsl View Post
I've read all the posts and no one was picking on you or being rude. No one said "you suck etc".Relax and enjoy the conversations - everyone can have an opinion and doesn't need to get slammed for expressing it. Your response is the rudest one here.

WOW
Well like you, I too have an opinion and no, I did not feel I was being picked on, it's just that there was a vibe in that some people who had never dealt with buying factory direct were disparaging the company which they have never dealt with directly or discourage others from doing the same because it's not the route that would take. While they may have used other words other than that "sucks" to me it felt the same. While my using that word may have been rude to you and I am sorry for that....its your opinion and maybe that of others as well but it's still the way I felt.

WDK
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2015, 11:02 AM   #30

Sounds like a presidential debate !!
capnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:22 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Since it is a direct sales without a dealer network how is warranty handled?

I looked at the site and thought the prices were competetive without overwhelming the dealer sales network. A fully equiped coach seemed to be in the same price range as many of the older established manufacturers.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:53 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Since it is a direct sales without a dealer network how is warranty handled?

I looked at the site and thought the prices were competetive without overwhelming the dealer sales network. A fully equiped coach seemed to be in the same price range as many of the older established manufacturers.
.....the warranty is the same and it can be extended as well...shopping around, perhaps you can find a better deal.....perhaps one that has been sitting around on a lot for a year or even at the shows....while I was there NeXus sent one to the PA show which was just a few hours off the line. I am not sure what options it had or the asking price....my options cost me $15,000.

WDK
Old 09-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillandJane View Post
.....the warranty is the same and it can be extended as well...shopping around, perhaps you can find a better deal.....perhaps one that has been sitting around on a lot for a year or even at the shows....while I was there NeXus sent one to the PA show which was just a few hours off the line. I am not sure what options it had or the asking price....my options cost me $15,000.

WDK
Would you have to take the coach back to the factory for warranty? Do they have authorized repair outlets? Would you have to communicate the issue with the factory before a local repair outlet can do the work?
Old 09-30-2015, 04:44 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Would you have to take the coach back to the factory for warranty? Do they have authorized repair outlets? Would you have to communicate the issue with the factory before a local repair outlet can do the work?
NeXus has authorized service centers all around the country...there are two, 7 and 20 miles from where I live that I can take directly to them without factory authorization. I can also communicate with the service manager, Steve at NeXus directly for remedies and parts that at least for the first year they will ship out to me for free....after which, I pay shipping.

NeXus does not contract with any dealers.

WDK
Old 09-30-2015, 06:41 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
I am always intrigued and very gratified, (heck, I'm a card-carrying Capitalist businessman), that people are absolutely willing to pay MSRP, and will even defend it as a good price.

Capitalism! Ya gotta love it!

Just a smidgeon under 30% off MSRP on a new 2016 Fleetwood Bounder last weekend for me in Tampa. I was amazed I was able to purchase under what 2015's were selling for used. Caveat emptor I suppose.

Tags
rvs