Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2019, 11:31 AM   #1

Fantasy RV

Looking for some real world input on taking a fantasy rv trip. Some questions are:
When the spots are divvied up, how are they given out ?
I tow my car on a tow dolly and it would be a pain without a pull through.
Both DW and I are limited to how much walking we can do, Would that be a problem.
We would be first timers with the group, Is every treated equal?

Just asking.
bandit2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2019, 01:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2026 View Post
Looking for some real world input on taking a fantasy rv trip. Some questions are:

Both DW and I are limited to how much walking we can do, Would that be a problem.

Just asking.

We’ve been to Alaska, Kentucky Derby and the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. Each “trip” has an activity rating in the description. Site assignments are based on rig size. Accommodations take handicap into consideration when possible. We have enjoyed every minute of every trip. Wagon Master/tail gunners could not have been more helpful. Get the Fantasy catalogue and call them with any questions.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2026 View Post
If you have special requirements then let them know - they'll do what they can to accomodate you. We did their Washington DC Tour, and the area of the Cherry Hill RV Park where we were parked were all back-in spots but if the park has pull-throughs available I'm sure they'll work with you.
Quote:
If they have tours scheduled as part of the package then you'll be on a well-appointed tour bus. The tour might involve considerable walking, such as in the National Mall in Washington DC, but, again, they'll work with you to accomodate your needs as much as possible. Their tour descriptions usually give you an idea of how strenuous they are.

Quote:
As a first-timer you'll be recognized by them, and everyone on the tour - they treat ALL their clients as royalty! As has been said - decide on the tour you want and give them a call. They have real humans answering the phone and they will happily answer ALL your questions.
Old 12-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #4

We are taking our first tour this summer to Canadian Maritimes.
Bchtravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:01 AM   #5

We just saw the presentation by Fantasy on the last RV’ers show. We are also very interested but are unsure how they handle travel with pets. I have sent them an email with questions. Good to see all the positive reviews here in this thread. Will keep watching as we are very interested as well.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:09 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We're going to do our first caravan this summer and are really looking forward to it. We have friends who did their first Rally and Caravan last year. They were so enthusiastic in their reviews of both experiences that we were encouraged to sign up for our first. Our friends did another longer caravan this summer and were extremely happy with the whole experience again. I wish I could give you personal experience, but I'm really looking forward to this summer.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 01:09 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
We are also very interested but are unsure how they handle travel with pets.

The pet will be in your RV and Fantasy doesn't control what you have in your RV. The only consideration would be if the tour/caravan includes an all-day charter bus excursion - your pet would be locked away in your RV while you are away. If the pet is a registered service animal then it would be with you in the charter bus, unless your registered service animal was a Shetland Pony, or Llama, or something...

They do have some tours that include overnight excursions into the wilderness (polar bear viewing in Churchill, Manitoba being one) - can your pet survive for 2 days alone in your RV?
Old 12-26-2019, 02:49 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
We are also very interested but are unsure how they handle travel with pets. I have sent them an email with questions. Good to see all the positive reviews here in this thread. Will keep watching as we are very interested as well.
We have done a couple of Fantasy RV Tours with our 2 dogs. (Polar Bear and Cajun Tours) On the Polar Bear Tour, they arranged for the Manager of the campground to walk and feed our dogs (we tipped her for that). Cajun Tour did not have any all day excursions so no help was needed. They can accomodate pets since most of us travel with them.

Tags
fan