Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2020, 06:17 AM   #15

I might leave this to a pro to do. Coach is stored outside so need to get it right.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2020, 08:00 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
I might leave this to a pro to do. Coach is stored outside so need to get it right.

I've been to two pros already. Neither solved the problem. I am going back to NIRVC to give them a second try when COVID lets me.

The first cleaned out the weep holes and couldn't find any other problem. Same leak. NIRVC enlarged the weep holes and recaulked an area on the roof above the leak. It seemed better but still some leakage. COVID has put the effort on hold for the summer.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
I've been to two pros already. Neither solved the problem. I am going back to NIRVC to give them a second try when COVID lets me.

The first cleaned out the weep holes and couldn't find any other problem. Same leak. NIRVC enlarged the weep holes and recaulked an area on the roof above the leak. It seemed better but still some leakage. COVID has put the effort on hold for the summer.
The place I use normally reckons it is a months waiting list for work at the moment.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:53 AM   #18

A local glass company are going to have a look at it. They said it will probably need a fog test, I presume that's a sealtech test.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #19

Don't count out the possibility that the leak is not at the window, but coming in from the roof. I had that happen once, and it was a heck of a time trying to track it down. I finally found the leak was coming in where the front cap meets the body on the roof, and the water was tracking over to the side window and dripping in from there. Resealing that roof corner solved that leak.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chindog View Post
Don't count out the possibility that the leak is not at the window, but coming in from the roof. I had that happen once, and it was a heck of a time trying to track it down. I finally found the leak was coming in where the front cap meets the body on the roof, and the water was tracking over to the side window and dripping in from there. Resealing that roof corner solved that leak.
That's a total possibility Chindog,

The glass guy who came out today said I should try finding the leak with a hose and get a Sealtech test if that does not work.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:26 AM   #21

We were driving this week in torrential rain and my wife told me she saw a drip coming from the middle of the top of the window frame. Will investigate further.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:40 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by chindog View Post
I had the same issue 2 years ago. We were camping for a month so i was able to monitor it in the rain. I took the trim around the window on the inside of the coach off and saw wet at the top front corner. Next day i went up on the roof and saw the front cap paint had a gap. Put some tape over it and the leak stopped. Some time later i used eternbond tape on the front and rear cap to roof seams. I extended the eternabond around the edge to the gutter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3892.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	299757  
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post
I had the same issue 2 years ago. We were camping for a month so i was able to monitor it in the rain. I took the trim around the window on the inside of the coach off and saw wet at the top front corner. Next day i went up on the roof and saw the front cap paint had a gap. Put some tape over it and the leak stopped. Some time later i used eternbond tape on the front and rear cap to roof seams. I extended the eternabond around the edge to the gutter.
That's definitely a possibility here also. I had the roof inspected recently but never know what's going on. Will check it out when its not windy.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:30 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
How about installing some of those plastic stick-on gutters to drain the water from the roof?

This sounds a little crazy and may not work at all, but I would try putting a large box fan set on high speed inside blowing on the window, then use soapy water around the outside to see if any air is getting through. I've had crazier ideas that actually worked!
Hi Joe,

Do you know if there are ones for rvs?
Old 10-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #25

Diverting water with a gutter extension will help the weep hole keep up with demand. Those weepholes have too much surface tension and tend to overflow as a result...especially if you have roof water draining right over it. I've seen some people drill larger holes in the weephole to ease some of that surface tension..
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadfrog View Post
Diverting water with a gutter extension will help the weep hole keep up with demand. Those weepholes have too much surface tension and tend to overflow as a result...especially if you have roof water draining right over it. I've seen some people drill larger holes in the weephole to ease some of that surface tension..
Thanks Roadfrog,

It will for sure help.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:42 PM   #27

I had a similar situation and turned out to be a leak in the clearance lights above the windshield, cheers!

Tags
leak, wind, window