Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
Ok! I read the agreement ! SS # And Bank Info is a No No period !
20 to 40 cents per gallon at many locations is Narrowed to their locations . ? Maybe just Maybe post a CC that can be charged to would be better than exposing yourself.
Show Me the Beef -- one receipt that someone saved .40 cents a gal off the pump price using this program ! Come on make me a believer !
I'm waiting !
Based on your first sentence you have already made a decision that this program is not for you.

In light of that and your apparent cynical attitude I see no reason to respond further.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #30

Nor'easters Club
Finding low priced gas /diesel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by journey15 View Post
We use Trucker Path. It shows the location and prices. Also can look at Earth view to see entrance and exit for the truck pumps.

X2 on Trucker Path. I can regularly save .20-.40 gal if I plan ahead. I have a VERY large fuel tank so I can run an extra 100 or 200 miles to save.
Best app I have found and I’ve tried all the common ones.
For me, I can save $50-$60 per fill up.
It’s a free app. Give it a look. Why give the extra $ to Pilot/Flying J/TA/ Loves?? -Ron
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:23 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
NHRA225

No advertisement! Just a happy customer.

I've been rving across this great country since 1973 in TT, MH and now my DP. My biggest gripe in using the Flying J RV lanes was 4 wheelers who would double park in front creaking a barrier. I made the decision when I went diesel that I would use the Truck lanes period. We had a fellow member post a couple of weeks ago the TSD offer. Some of us researched it and took advantage of it. I'll be using my EFS this coming weekend as we head out but a couple have used their card and received a 46 cent per gallon savings.

Drive safe - Richard
Old 07-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Chuck -

Here is the original thread Fuel Discount Program.....to good to be true?

They don't accept CC as payment as it would increase their cost and just create problems overall.

Like you, and oh so many others, I don't want anyone near my bank account so what I, and some others have done, is open a second account. In my case I had a savings account at the Credit Union which I never used but was required. I have on line banking so I see every transaction immediately upon their posting it. I can transfer funds immediately from other account to cover anticipated expenses since I will know what it is going to be before they process the draw. In addition, since will be on the road for a couple of months I will have my CC automatically deduct the monthly bill from this same account.

Enjoy - Richard
Old 07-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fiesta48

I just learned of Buckee's from another iRV2 member. Haven't been to TX for over a year. He said they were rapidly opening so I'm going to check it out. Hope they have a website listing their locations so I can program them in. I'll pay whatever I have to for Diesel but I prefer to save what I can without wasting tons of time.

Thanks for mentioning them on this post as I'm sure this will be the first time others will have heard of Buckey's too.

Drive safe - Richard
Old 07-21-2019, 01:40 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
Ok! I read the agreement ! SS # And Bank Info is a No No period !
20 to 40 cents per gallon at many locations is Narrowed to their locations . ? Maybe just Maybe post a CC that can be charged to would be better than exposing yourself.
Show Me the Beef -- one receipt that someone saved .40 cents a gal off the pump price using this program ! Come on make me a believer !
I'm waiting !
I submitted my application without providing the SS# and it was accepted.

I agree with BobGed and there is no reason for me/us to convince you or anyone to apply for the benefits of the program. We will accept the savings and you can pay what you wish for fuel.
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:44 PM   #35

With the pusher we tend to use Flying J or Loves as it is easy in and out.

For personal vehicle, well, we switched to Electric a few years back so we use the plug share app or the EVgo app.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #36

If you figure this out you should be immensely successful playing the stock market or winning the Lottery. I have never been good at timing the market to cash in on stocks—so I don’t worry about it anymore; I just make sure my engine is running efficiently and am resolved in the fact I am getting the best mpg possible. Good “LUCK”!
RayJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteSquid View Post
Try gas buddy website, not the app.

They have a way of setting up a a route to include your fuel tank size and fuel economy so you can plan your fuel stops on the lowest overall cost for the entire trip.

I use the GasBuddy website when planning my trip.
What I do is set my fuel tank size to 10 gallons.
That forces GasBuddy to look for fuel stations within close distances.
I do this because I have a 150 gallon tank. If I were to use that number, GasBuddy would only check prices when it thinks I need a fillup, so more than 1000 miles apart.
This method allowed me to find a station in Kansas City with a price of $1.99 when the others along my route were above $2.70.
OldBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RayJo,
It's not a matter of predicting the stock market. Truckers use EFS cards to purchase their fuel and supplies at a discounted rate. TSD is opening their company negotiated card which is processed by the same company that does our Good Sam discount at Pilot. Once accepted you get a nightly email listing the Loves, TA and Pilot (Flying J) discounts by location. The next morning you get an email from TSD listing your purchases by location, gals purchased, listed price, discounted price, your discount minus their 10% fee and the amount being deducted from your account. In my case I not only have the email information but I check it with the site's website and verify amount debited through my online banking app. I don't have to search GasBuddy or look for signs along the road. I map out my trip and list 3 or 4 stations in the mileage limit I've placed for the trip, do a google map to check out each one and prioritize which one I want to go to. I can easily change my mind on the road but usually it flows pretty well. I did the same before I had the EFS except then I was using my CC. I prefer Truck Stops over smaller stations as I'm in and out fairly quickly and if I want to spend the night or stop for lunch I can just pull over and do it.

We all have our preferences and I'm going to travel regardless of what fuel prices are but if I can save on the fuel price I will and 30 or 40+ cents a gal is at least worth trying since I use the Truck Stops anyway. If I'm not satisfied with it I'll go somewhere else.
Oh, When I hit texas I will check out Buc-ees Truck stops as some here have said they are cheaper but from their website it looked like they were priced about 4 cents a gal above what I'll be paying at the closest Loves with the EFS discount.

Hey - to each his own. Drive safe - Richard
Old 07-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
Using GasBuddy I know I’ll buy fuel at the Sam’s in Lincoln NB ($2.47) and Billings MT ($2.59) next month on our way to Glacier. The 30-40 cents savings on 100+ gallons plus the 5% off using their CCard adds up to a $50+ savings each fill-up. .

If you put in a town near you and then select map on the app you can see the prices along your route.
Yep, this is what we do. I set up our route in 400 mile increments and then search for a Sam's in that area. They are almost always the cheapest gas and we also have their CC so we get the 5% rebate. It's so nice to not worry about where I am getting gas, just set the GPS for the next Sam's.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:21 PM   #40

Fuel location & prices

Truckmaster fuel finder start to finish on your trip
bunlacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #41

Gas Guru

Gas Guru map view is another good app for finding fuel.
nogoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #42

Amongst other things, diesel prices are affected by taxes and Biodiesel content. Unfortunately GasBuddy doesn't make any mention of biodiesel, and regretfully some RV's are averse to biodiesel, particularly those that are Sprinter-based.
I haven't found a way to determine whether a gas station sells biodiesel or regular diesel other than by looking at the stickers on the pump.
And here's another consideration: I have noticed that when running my diesel Touareg on Biodiesel, the fuel consumption goes down by around 10%.
My simple conclusion is that cheap diesel probably equates to Biodiesel which equates to lower fuel consumption. Therefore the best I can usually do is to fill up in states with lower fuel taxes, and use my Sam's Club Credit Card which returns 5% of the sale price.
ukdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, gas