Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #1

Finding parts for my Freightliner Chassis online

I have been trying to find a data base where I can get a parts breakdown by VIN for my coach. I posted a thread a while ago, and cant find it now LOL. I applied for a user name on DTNA I was denied because i didn't have a warranty. The e-mail with the denial had a phone number so I called the guy I talked to was nice enough, but flat out told me there was no way to access there data base without having a chassis that has a warranty registered to me. Does any one else know where I can find a site that I can get a parts break down by VIN?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2018, 11:14 AM   #2

Can you register the chassis in your name on there website? I believe that's what I did years ago.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #3

I'm not sure if your chassis is made by FCCC as most of the modern Freidhtliner motorhomes use but if so, FCCC has a 24/7 support line that they call "24/7 Direct Infinite Support" that is actually lifetime support ...not just during the warranty period.

Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation "Infinite Support"

You can give them your VIN and they will look up the part number you need. You can reach them by phone or by smartphone app 24 hours a day (...go HERE for app information).

FCCC has given great service to me in the past as they've looked up parts and part numbers and provided just very good overall support services through the years.

(BTW, here's the thread you posted before where FIRE UP gave you the info about DTNA's "connect" service:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/find...ne-417844.html

If you need to find a thread you posted previously, go to your profile then go the the "Statistics" tab, then click on "Find all threads started by Shawn6596")
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
I'm not sure if your chassis is made by FCCC as most of the modern Freidhtliner motorhomes use but if so, FCCC has a 24/7 support line that they call "24/7 Direct Infinite Support" that is actually lifetime support ...not just during the warranty period.

Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation "Infinite Support"

You can give them your VIN and they will look up the part number you need. You can reach them by phone or by smartphone app 24 hours a day (...go HERE for app information).

FCCC has given great service to me in the past as they've looked up parts and part numbers and provided just very good overall support services through the years.

(BTW, here's the thread you posted before where FIRE UP gave you the info about DTNA's "connect" service:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/find...ne-417844.html

If you need to find a thread you posted previously, go to your profile then go the the "Statistics" tab, then click on "Find all threads started by Shawn6596")

Thank you so much. I spent half an hour trying to figure out where my old threads could be found
Old 11-22-2018, 08:50 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

You do have to be the registered owner of the chassis to use DTNA, but I think you can get it registered to you. I recall having to get the selling dealer to file some paperwork to get hat done, but that was many years ago now. Maybe somebody at FCCC Customer Service can advise how to get that in place.

However, FCCC can definitely help you with parts identification (based on the last 6 of your VIN) and you can even buy parts direct from FCCC. Most components, though, are standard subassemblies from other suppliers, e.g ZF, Neway, Cummins, Allison, etc.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn6596 View Post
I have been trying to find a data base where I can get a parts breakdown by VIN for my coach. I posted a thread a while ago, and cant find it now LOL. I applied for a user name on DTNA I was denied because i didn't have a warranty. The e-mail with the denial had a phone number so I called the guy I talked to was nice enough, but flat out told me there was no way to access there data base without having a chassis that has a warranty registered to me. Does any one else know where I can find a site that I can get a parts break down by VIN?
My DW and I attended a FreightLiner I training session in May. Got a complete manual on my specific chassis, motor and tranny. Also learned one heck of a lot and also had right to sign up to DTNA - We're going to do the FreightLine II class this year for some real hands-on.

I don't understand the warranty registration issue - perhaps our instructor took care of that for us?
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #7

My mechanic got a part from Freightliner by VIN for my old Oshkosh XC chassis, and another shop got a number for a brake part. I suspect it's easy by voice call but you have to "qualify" to do it online.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:16 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Freightliner only needs your vehicle registration which matches your VIN. My coach is a 1999 and after providing that info I was given access to parts pro
Big_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
just call fl custom with the last 5 of your vin and they will look up anything. saves lots of time looking and then getting it wrong. they looked up my starter and gave me the old and new part numbers in less than three minutes.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #10

✔ Cheers.

Tags
chassis, parts