Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
It sounds like you have a realistic time line. First thing you want to do is find out all you can about RVing and selecting a RV that fits your needs not the needs we think you need. Towards that end I would strongly recommend that you go to rv.org and lay out their asking price for their product. It will be the best money you spend on your rv.
Good Luck and happy hunting. Also you might want to check out oodle.com for your search. It will search all over the web with what you're looking for and send you daily updates if you check the right boxes.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #30

Welcome to the forum...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #31

Rv Rental Purchase

I just got a Rv. Its my 4th RV,first was an old, long, heavy Holiday Rambler, then a 26 ft motorhome (it leaked badly), then a 34 ft. motorhome with a slide, (it had non fixable AutoPark problems). It is only two of us camping now, unless grandkids come sometimes, I am not counting on it. So I picked aluminum, so no delamination probs., no slide, so none of the issues to worry over.
rvmontana40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Another way to find your choice is to do as I did. We had settled on a Winnebago/Itasca, Journey/Meridian 2011 40U. I tried all the above suggestions plus the most simple and direct. This coach we have was found with this: 2011 40U. I found it in FL and drove 1200 miles from TX to get it. We did compromise in a few areas but they were not significant. We love our coach and always know where home is.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just bought out first RV after camping in everything for years from tent to 5th wheel. I looked at used and new. We settled on a new Fleetwod that sleeps 6. Our 5th wheel (2008 Cameo 35sb3) was very nice but slept a maximum of 4. Once the grandchildren started to arrive we found ourselves wishing it would sleep more. My point here is to think ahead as RVs are not cheap new or used. One way or another they cost $$. So think and plan way ahead. We feel our recent purchase (2014 Fleetwood Expedition 38B), although not as fancy as some is what we will be very happy with on the road for many years. Good luck on your decision and welcome to the community!
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Another way to find your choice is to do as I did. We had settled on a Winnebago/Itasca, Journey/Meridian 2011 40U. I tried all the above suggestions plus the most simple and direct. This coach we have was found with this: 2011 40U. I found it in FL and drove 1200 miles from TX to get it. We did compromise in a few areas but they were not significant. We love our coach and always know where home is.
That's exactly what we are wanting to do is find the coach that fits our needs and in our budget then when it's time hunt one down and go get it. I don't feel that I have to buy it close to home, I'll travel to get what I want. I will probably try and find someone to look it over close to where we are getting it from to make sure everything is in working order before we make the purchase. Thanks for the input.
Tbtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
You are very welcome. This forum is a great place to get help and information. I think I can be bold here by encouraging you from all of us to stay on board. It will be great to follow your steps as you come to finding your favorite choice in an RV.

Happy hunting and trails!

Tags
purchase