Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
First Trip in our Revolution....WE ARE THRILLED!!

Hey All,

Well, we just finished our shake-down cruise in our new to us 05 Revolution. We went to a small campground about 20 miles from home just in case something went wrong, but we had the most wonderful weekend!

We had a few minor hiccups, such as why it took so long for the automatic levelers to work and then why they all picked up a few inches from the ground on their own the second day out. But thanks to some emergency responses from y'all, I was able to re-deploy them and all was fine.

We also found that one of the compartment doors would not remain latched and as we arrived at the campground, it was swinging open. We then discovered a very small drip at the foot flush mechanism on our toilet. I called upon a very nice mobile RV repair service and he came right over and replaced a leaky valve on the toilet and took apart the latch, lubricated and put back together. Both work great now...

We tried all of the systems and appliances and I will post individual questions about other small issues on the best forums to get answers but all in all, it was a fantastic long weekend. I was amazed at all of the roominess and how much it felt like a home rather than a "camper". I have compartments and cabinets that I have not even started to fill up yet...LOL!!!

At this point, I would highly recommend a Fleetwood Revolution to anyone who asked my opinion. I am happier than a pig in "you know what"...!!!

Faith in Chilly Massachusetts
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #2

Congratulations on your successful first outing. If all you had were a few hiccups, you are very lucky. Hope you enjoy your coach as much as i do mine.

98 Beaver Monterey
2010 Toyota Matrix on dolly
Sam, standard Poodle traveling companion
beachboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I hope you enjoy the time and travels in your new coach we love ours. So many good times and memories are made using our coach, enjoy and safe travels.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like your fun is just beginning, congratulations. If your anything like us after being in the MH for a few months we miss the house but now that we're home for the summer we are already missing the MH
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Faith, I'm so glad your first outing went so well. We're still working out the kinks in ours, something the first owner(s) no doubt did for you.

Here's to meeting up somewhere down the road.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We just had our maiden voyage this weekend as well. Like you, we had no significant problems. It sure was fun. Hopefully we can get the problems we did have worked out soon for our big summer trip. Good luck with your issues.
cliff841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:16 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds great folks...what kinda milage r u getting.....we pick oures up next week ..hope to have as much luck with same.....jay congrats...ps did u get new batteries??..how were the tires??.....
jponyboyace is offline   Reply With Quote