Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #1

Five Star Tuning Questions

Hey guys,

I'd like to borrow on the collective wisdom and experience of the crowd. I recently received my Five Star Tune X4. I understand that I will need to read the strategy code, etc by hooking the device up thru the OBD-II connection. My questions are as follows:

1. The Calibration Request Form asks how the differential is geared. Does anyone know a way of determining that?

2. On the Five Star Tune Calibration Request Form it asks if I want to disable traction control. The default entry is "Yes, disable traction control if possible." I'm not sure whether I have it or not...and if I do how would you guys recommend that I answer, and why?

3. Lastly, at the bottom of the form it says "CALIBRATION (select which applies to your vehicle." In my instance there are twelve (12) different configurations which COULD apply to my vehicle. Should I be checking all 12 boxes?

I have a 2017 Winnebago Vista 29VE with a 3-valve Triton engine SEFI, TorqShift along with a 6-speed automatic transmission w/tow haul.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
gschwob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
You should move this to the “Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum” I’m sure you will get a better response.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593, WIT 170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #3

Try this website: www.ford-trucks.com/forums/vindecoder.php it tells you most about your ford.
muscob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Can't help on the tuner but wanted to say hello! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:03 AM   #5

I went to the 5 Star Tune shop since I live close by. They just looked at the plaques that are on the drivers side and got all the info they needed from them. Maybe you can send them a pic of your plaques and they can figure out what all you need.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote