Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fix for Atwood Level Legs Control Panel failure - Part Two

I have the electric Atwood Level Legs with the #66273 control pad and it is failing. I have to press the buttons repeatedly to get them to deploy. There is an older thread that can no longer be posted to and most of the links are outdated, so therefore Part Two. The thread started out with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRV247 View Post
Atwood no longer sells or supports the old Level Legs Control Panel but you can replace the Control Panel with a wireless manual control box available from GAMA Electronics, Inc. <snip>
I couldn't find the RF340-4PR-TO mentioned, but I think it may have been replaced by the RF340-4PR-ASL Has anyone done this?

Also mentioned was a company that can repair the original controller called Radwell. Has anyone done this?

In the same comment it said that what usually goes bad in the controller is one or more NEC relays P/N EN2-B1N1S (The DIP 8 package and not the DIP 10 package P/N EN2-B1N1ST.) (there are four of them). The links were obsolete, but I think I found them on Amazon so I ordered one. Has anyone done this?

Also while searching by the part number I found a link on etrailer for a Replacement Auto Level Control Panel for Lippert Ground Control Leveling System Item # LC234802, but they didn't know if would work. I'll give Lippert a call next week when they're open.

I think the best option is to just install a whole new system, but I'd like to repair it if I can. Has anyone done this?
Fred Edelkamp, USAF Combat Camera Retired driving "Bullwinkle" 2008 Monaco Diplomat 36PDQ | 400hp Cummins I6 Diesel Pusher | 1440W Solar | 800Ah LiFePO4 | RVi TPMS | Roadmaster Tow Bar | RVibrake3 | 2020 Ford F-150 | Palomino Backpack Truck Camper SS-1251
frede is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2018, 10:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frede View Post
I have the electric Atwood Level Legs with the #66273 control pad and it is failing. I have to press the buttons repeatedly to get them to deploy. There is an older thread that can no longer be posted to and most of the links are outdated, so therefore Part Two. The thread started out with this:

I couldn't find the RF340-4PR-TO mentioned, but I think it may have been replaced by the RF340-4PR-ASL Has anyone done this?

Also mentioned was a company that can repair the original controller called Radwell. Has anyone done this?

In the same comment it said that what usually goes bad in the controller is one or more NEC relays P/N EN2-B1N1S (The DIP 8 package and not the DIP 10 package P/N EN2-B1N1ST.) (there are four of them). The links were obsolete, but I think I found them on Amazon so I ordered one. Has anyone done this?

Also while searching by the part number I found a link on etrailer for a Replacement Auto Level Control Panel for Lippert Ground Control Leveling System Item # LC234802, but they didn't know if would work. I'll give Lippert a call next week when they're open.

I think the best option is to just install a whole new system, but I'd like to repair it if I can. Has anyone done this?
I will be interested in what you learn. I have had issues with mine, mostly retracting and mostly the R front jack. I got a "new" jack but haven't installed it. My system has been working well recently so haven't bothered. I think it could be corrosion on connections in the panel as someone previously mentioned.
Being basically lazy I'm not messing with it until I have to.
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #3

My Atwood panel is operating erratically also and I've been following these forums for repair/replacement options also.

These are the Gama parts that I was considering:

RF Receiver RFR12V-4PR : https://www.gamainc.com/product/rfr12v-4pr/

Remote Control RFT-85442 : https://www.gamainc.com/product/rft-85442/

I got these part numbers from someone on these forums that successfully used them to replace the Atwood panel. Be aware that all of the safety interlock features are eliminated and this is completely manual.

For now, I am carrying a drill motor and socket to retract the jacks if they fail. I was planning to replace the panel next summer.

2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
Kraft Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:17 AM   #4

Thanks for the info.
I keep my cordless drill, extension and socket handy. Never know when I might need it! Rainy days are the worst for using the drill.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
What size socket?
Fred Edelkamp, USAF Combat Camera Retired driving "Bullwinkle" 2008 Monaco Diplomat 36PDQ | 400hp Cummins I6 Diesel Pusher | 1440W Solar | 800Ah LiFePO4 | RVi TPMS | Roadmaster Tow Bar | RVibrake3 | 2020 Ford F-150 | Palomino Backpack Truck Camper SS-1251
Old 12-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #6

1/2" Sometimes after a few dozen turns I try using the panel again. Works sometimes.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraft Crew View Post
My Atwood panel is operating erratically also and I've been following these forums for repair/replacement options also.

These are the Gama parts that I was considering:

RF Receiver RFR12V-4PR : https://www.gamainc.com/product/rfr12v-4pr/

<snip>
Funny the first link recommends the RF340-4PR-TO which can not be found with the site's search app and brings up the RFR12V-4PR. A google search does find RF340-4PR no TO. I think TO may stand for the TimeOut option, probably need to give them a call.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #8

Please let us know what products Gama recommends. This looks like a budget friendly way to keep the Atwood jacks working.

Thanks!

2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
Kraft Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #9

I recently replace my Attwood Leveleg control panel with a Gama Electronics product. I couldn’t be happier the legs now work when i use the remote control.
I used a Gama RF-340-4PR-ASL with a long range external antenna and 4 Gama toggle switches for maneul operation.

Watch the you tube video on Gma’s web site about the RF-340-4PR-ASL very helpful. A easy install and it works great.

Sorry don’t have the toggle switch part number but I installed 4 of a switch that is on-off-on and will spring back to off when you release it.
Rudy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #10

Be certain the problem is with your controller I have read that many times it is the jack motor.
I have found that if you just Google instead of trying to search a specific forum you will get more info, I do that whether it is motorhome or the harley etc.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/diy-...ng-399827.html

https://bobsguides.com/electric-jack...eshooting.html
pop-sicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
1/2" Sometimes after a few dozen turns I try using the panel again. Works sometimes.
Yup - that's what some of their troubleshooting manuals say to do - move it a little and try again...
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Yup - that's what some of their troubleshooting manuals say to do - move it a little and try again...
What's a manual? [emoji12]
Old 12-10-2018, 07:14 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I decided I'm going to go with changing the NEC relays, so I ordered three more. I've got a trip coming up in a couple of weeks and can barely get the system to turn on, much less lower the jacks.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #14

I've got the same levelers and know that one has been replaced some years before we bought this MH.

I've been thinking of something, such as in the picture. This controller operates from an app on a phone and would allow you to manually trigger your individual levelers, thus giving you a totally manual system.

I've also been dusting off my MIT App Inventor program to see if I can duplicate the automatic leveling using a tablet/phones accelerometers - similar to the "level" apps we've seen on phones/tablets.

And, coincidentally, this a.m. I woke with a thought to find some analog to bluetooth input device so that monitoring the parking brake, voltage, etc. can be added to the manual system to further duplicate the atwoods that are failing in the field.

Meanwhile, my biggest problem is one of my rear levelers seems to have a weak clutch...

If I was 10 I'd probably have the app finished by now... instead I'm still looking for that darned USB cable.. know I have it here somewhere... maybe in the car... now where are my keys... hmmm... think I'll take the dog out for a walk...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.20.00 AM.png
Views:	347
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	228614  
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atwood, panel