RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #1

Fleetwood Terra Cockpit Flooring Gap!

Took the Terra and wife on an extended vacation for the 4th of July.

Julie noted as we were driving that she could see daylight coming from the passenger side of the Terraís floor.

Well I had already found some daylight earlier and only thought that it was localized to area just below the passenger window. Ooops! Turns out it runs the length from the area under the dash to area behind the passenger seat.

I pulled up the carpet and discovered there being almost an inch gap between the passenger wall and the flooring. It looked like either the installer just cut the boards short and forgot to install some kind of trim. Or, the installer screwed up big and his supervisor didnít catch it before it rolling out the door.

I talked with the parts gal at REV about what I had found earlier. This new discovery and the size of it is crazy.

The parts gal gave me the number to customer service to see if they would fix it for free. Iím thinking this could be a recall item for the whole model line if this isnít just an odd ball problem. Since Iím on vacation Iíll have to call REV later in the week. I should have taken pictures, which Iíll do in the am.

Anyway.

So I bought this 2014 Terra with 1500 miles. Iím still just under 6000 as of today. I bought it last year, told the owner only took it out three times, and the cconfition supports that claim.

Iím just wondering if anybody else had had a flooring gap between the flooring and any wall. I use to own an Airsteam, a 1977 Sovereign. Never ever seen a problem like this from the factory, or the Ď77.

What Iíd like to know is if anybody else has seen this kind of flooring issue. Itís like the flooring was measured and cut wrong cause the gap is pretty strait. Could there be a filler between the flooring and the wall be missing.

The bad thing is now I know where the bee and other flying insects came from. The gap in the floor.

Any help or advise is appreciated.

Thanks.
Terra2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2020, 08:04 PM   #2
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Good luck.

You are now a VP of Fleetwood Quality Control.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:51 PM   #3

Yes!!! Same issue on a 2014 Terra. I called Fleetwood and they said they had never
Heard of the issue!! Started out as loose dash then magazine rack on passenger
Side came loose where I noticed gap. Within a few hours it ran to the kitchen. I have videos! Dealer referred it to the body shop. Went
To pick up and while that issue is resolved, I now have 2 dash warning lights for something else and went home empty handed. (See new thread for 2014 Fleetwood hydro boost) I just created looking for feedback.
JFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:37 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Common problem on all terra and storm models, relitively easy repair if you have a hydraulic jack,a drill and a pretty flexible body. Fleetwood brushes off the issue along with most others by denying that they have heard of the problem, which they most certainly have. search a post called dash goes boom will enlighten you as to your problem. I have repaired a total of 7 terra's to date, and 3 2013 storms all with your problem. and that is just within a 50 mile radius in ct.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, floor, flooring