Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #43

Send a message via AIM to DE_RV
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuppert View Post
I took mine out last fall and just sliced them in half. Cleaned the single pane and reinstalled. I even have spares now just in case!

Bhuppert, can you advise how this is working out? Condensation, Rattle..anything. My RV is done learning new tricks and is on maintenance support...so a clear single window is may be better that fogged double.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #44

Fogged windows

I found this site that gives a complete "how to" regarding fogged windows. It is Chaos Leaves Town. Sounds strange, but this guy is great! He is a full-timer who is very knowledgeable about RV stuff. If you are at all handy with tools, this is the way to go. I am about to clear one of my windows.
advachiel6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #45

I have read a lot of people use this guy Home Page goes to rallies and campgrounds. Also sells a DIY kit.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:15 AM   #46

Good information. The kit he sells appears to be a good solution. I have only one window to do now; but, the kit will repair five. You never know when the next window will decide to become a problem.
advachiel6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Did anyone have any luck with extended warranty ?
sevenmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #48

Not usually from the dealer ship. weve heard of the salesman selling extended warranty's
4 days before the dealer ship went under and as far as SE-GI windows go they carry a 30 day warranty
rv glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv glass View Post
Not usually from the dealer ship. weve heard of the salesman selling extended warranty's
4 days before the dealer ship went under and as far as SE-GI windows go they carry a 30 day warranty
I think you misunderstood, I meant has anyone turned in a claim for fogged windows on a extended warranty claim. May be worth pursuing I'm going to give mine a call.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:28 AM   #50

I got in touch with the company and they replaced several under warranty but then said they wouldn't replace any more. I did it myself and it can be done on a nice sunny day and with patience. Then I heard about Hudson, Florida. Check out the website of Suncoast Designers, Inc. What a place. You drive in and have your own site with full hook-ups, and wifi. The next morning they wake you up around5:30 maybe 6:00 when all the workers come out and take the windows out of your coach and cover with cardboard. They waltz them into the building where they have an disassembling crew, then on to the cleaning stations, (if they are etched they have to replace the glass), then they go for lunch and you can take a tour of the whole place. After lunch they start to re-assemble, then bring the windows out and start putting them back into the coaches. By 4:00 o'clock at night they are all back in and the workers are on their way home. I had my Passenger side window done of my Winnebago Adventurer done with the glass replaced (because it was etched) for 294.68 and out the door.
It's an amazing place and I would go back in a heartbeat. They are so organized and it was the easiest and enjoyable repair to my coach I have ever experienced. You need to call for an appointment. I got lucky and they squeezed me in within 4 days because I was in Hudson and leaving but mostly they need more time than that to get you in.
Windsurferlady
2001 Winnebago, Adventurer
Kingston, Ontario
Canada
Windsurferlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Was wondering if having windows tinted would hide the fogged appearance , when I have my screens on side window you can't notice it.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #52
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You'd have to think it would plus I like the look of "tinted" windows from the outside but I'd rather be able to look out clear windows a lot of the times when I'm inside.

I have MCD shades and keep the black sunlight screens down most of the time and it has the same effect as tinted window but when I put them up I have the fogged view
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
There are an awful lot of people with these bad windows (including myself). What does it take to win a class action lawsuit? Does anyone think there is probably cause? My 2008 Fleetwood company is out of business but it sounds like the window company is not.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #54

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgreen View Post
There are an awful lot of people with these bad windows (including myself). What does it take to win a class action lawsuit? Does anyone think there is probably cause? My 2008 Fleetwood company is out of business but it sounds like the window company is not.
First thing would be for the window company to still be in business and I think they are gone now!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #55

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fleetwood windows replacement, yes or no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
First thing would be for the window company to still be in business and I think they are gone now!!

That would be a wrong assumption. Se-Gi Manufacturing made the windows. They are still alive a kicking. I pass by their warehouse in Norco CA on a regular basis.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:25 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE_RV View Post
Bhuppert, can you advise how this is working out? Condensation, Rattle..anything. My RV is done learning new tricks and is on maintenance support...so a clear single window is may be better that fogged double.
Sorry I missed your post. Works great and is super easy to cut the seal and separate the panes. I do not know why everyone does not do it that way. Just installed glass garage doors in a service area in MN and the r value between single and double pane was so little and the chance of failure so great that I installed single pane in them. Have been satisfied with those as well.
bhuppert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, fleetwood, replace, window