Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2017, 08:26 PM   #1

Floor plan question. Bunkhouse with kids.

We currently have a gas bunkhouse. I have a 4 and a 5 year old. I’m looking at upgrading to a tag axle diesel pusher. I have found a couple models we really like but they are not bunkhouses. I really like the idea of a master bath in the rear.

My question is has anyone went from a bunkhouse model to a “normal” floor plan and regretted/not regretted it.

I’m trying to sell myself on it not being a big deal to not have a bunkhouse with our kids.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2017, 08:55 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we have the Disco 40G bunkhouse design and love it - especially with our kids being a little older than yours. I think as your kids grow - you'll appreciate the bunkhouse even more. We can have our coffee in the morning while the kids sleep in, and it's totally closed off from the rest of the coach. I have yet to see a bunkhouse design with the back bath - but I'm sure there is probably one out there. We haven't had an issue with our mid-coach bath since the both the bath and bunk house are totally private.

Good luck in your search - happy glamping!
Old 11-23-2017, 06:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghbob View Post
we have the Disco 40G bunkhouse design and love it - especially with our kids being a little older than yours. I think as your kids grow - you'll appreciate the bunkhouse even more. We can have our coffee in the morning while the kids sleep in, and it's totally closed off from the rest of the coach. I have yet to see a bunkhouse design with the back bath - but I'm sure there is probably one out there. We haven't had an issue with our mid-coach bath since the both the bath and bunk house are totally private.

Good luck in your search - happy glamping!

Ah yes. All roads lead back to the Fleetwood 40g. What a great floor plan. If they would put a master bath in the rear it would be perfect. Ultimately something tells me this will be what we end up with.

I noticed that holiday Rambler is producing an identical floor plan labeled Endeavor 40g. Any difference between the two? HR has a couple color schemes i really like.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:27 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I’ll be interested in where you land. We have twin 7 year olds and a friends Expedition is what sold me on a bunkhouse. (Being new to RV’s I had never seen them in a class A before). In my humble opinion it seems like a small segment of the floor plan markets, but growing. At least for me, when shopping for one they were not the easiest to come by. Definitely out there, but not nearly as common as the more “standard” floor plans.

Our Sunova has been a great floorplan for us, and the list of things to improve on is small, but I’d be lying if I said a diesel didn’t tempt me at times!!!

As my friend used to say “Looking is free, but it adds up fast from there”.
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #5

Don't switch from a bunkhouse, the kids wil love it for many years to come. Models with bunks and bath and a half stars are: Winnebago Forza 38W, Forest River Berkshire, Coahmen Sportscoach Cross Country 407FW, Itasca Solei 38R. These are available to research on www.rvt.com. The longer the kids love it, the longer they will want to go. Our teens still love going because of their bunks.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegreencj5 View Post
Don't switch from a bunkhouse, the kids wil love it for many years to come. Models with bunks and bath and a half stars are: Winnebago Forza 38W, Forest River Berkshire, Coahmen Sportscoach Cross Country 407FW, Itasca Solei 38R. These are available to research on www.rvt.com. The longer the kids love it, the longer they will want to go. Our teens still love going because of their bunks.
Thor has the Palazzo with bunks but no rear bath. The Aria 4000 has bunks and two full baths.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #7

Not a diesel but the one that I keep coming back to is the Tiffin Allegro 36UA. Bunks and bath + 1/2. Great floor plan. If they had this plan in a RED it would be a no brainer for me. Cheers
realcdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:44 PM   #8

The 40G has been very popular. He is a Newmar Dutch Star that is very similar:
http://www.salesnirvc.com/rv/lewisvi...utch+star+4313.

Also, American Coach currently makes a rear bunks aft of a rear bath in a DP.
Good luck!!
Old 11-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #9

We like the Newmar Ventana 4310. It has two full baths and bunk with tag axle.
BrownDoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:06 PM   #10

We have a 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4326 which has bunks and 1.5 baths. Just had two of the grandkids (4 years and 18 mos) from Colorado to Ohio and they/We loved it. Doubt we will ever go back to no bunks.
philmckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:17 PM   #11

Those Newmars are nice but not looking like i will find one south of $200,000.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM1N1 View Post
Those Newmars are nice but not looking like i will find one south of $200,000.
The Newmar Ventana LE 4042 has bunks and two baths but not tag axle.
BrownDoggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunkhouse, floor