Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlduck View Post
My wife and I are planning to move from Maine to Florida soon and I am concerned about major changes in our health coverage as a military retiree.
We currently are enrolled in the US Family Health Plan which is administered by an excellent HMO in this region called Martin's Point. Looking on line tells me that the US Family Health Plan program only covers certain parts of the U.S., Florida not being one of them.
For those military retirees that claim Florida residency, what is your current health plan coverage, assuming you are now Medicare eligible? I assume that most will say Medicare pays first, then Tricare for Life pays second ? If so, do you have an additional medical care supplement program and is it required? I am trying to get well informed on what to expect with our upcoming move and impending change in medical coverage, as we have been extremely satisfied with our current USFHP program. Thanks in advance for any inputs and advice.
Dave

We lived in FL for 23 years. Both of us were over 65 when we went full time RVing. Both of us use Medicare (part B) and TriCare For Life. We have used it all across the country and have never been charged a cent. Prescriptions are provided to us from scripts and while on the road delivered to a valid forwarding address in FL. Controlled prescriptions are now a little more difficult because almost everywhere there is a 30 day limit with a new prescription for the next 30 day supply.

Although I have a service connected VA ID card I don’t use VA for anything except hearing aids.

If you have not done so you should go to VA and be evaluated. You might be surprised at how efficient they are at it.

Back to Medicare & TFL. Always ask the service you want to use if they accept both. If so, the agreement is they will accept what they are paid and you will not have any out of pocket expenses.

Good luck and happy RVing.
I’m from North Berwick, ME
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
cover, florida, military