Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2019, 08:39 AM   #15

American Coach Owners Club
The air conditioning condenser isn't in there, it's located behind the front axle under coach....
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 11:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
I just made same trip, North Florida to Montana.....
Some of the same roads as you. Before I left Florida I removed the charge air cooler and washed out radiator. (Side radiator)
While my dash temp gauge would occassionly go past 200, I had my scan tool plugged in and ECM temp never got over 195

My 1997 Cummins is mechanical so I cannot get readings from a scan gauge. I've never had an overheat light come on (maybe that will not happen with my '97?) I do have the data port and I believe I have the warning lights in my dash but they have never come on as a warning while I have owned this coach so not sure if there is a way to get accurate temp readings with my '97 Cummins? My last trip description with temps were based on my analog temp gauge which I'm sure is not as accurate as the digital readout would be with a scan gauge. My question, is there a way for me to get accurate temps with my older mechanical Cummins, and if so how do I accomplish this?

with 325 Cummins & Spartan chassis
completelymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:24 PM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by completelymo View Post
My 1997 Cummins is mechanical so I cannot get readings from a scan gauge. I've never had an overheat light come on (maybe that will not happen with my '97?) I do have the data port and I believe I have the warning lights in my dash but they have never come on as a warning while I have owned this coach so not sure if there is a way to get accurate temp readings with my '97 Cummins? My last trip description with temps were based on my analog temp gauge which I'm sure is not as accurate as the digital readout would be with a scan gauge. My question, is there a way for me to get accurate temps with my older mechanical Cummins, and if so how do I accomplish this?
What you have is as good as you'll get. ....and probably reasonably accurate
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, florida